I bought a GT 2100, 42" deck this week. 87 hrs, fantastic shape.
Small Issues
It does not seem to have a low idle, will run at speed for mowing with no issues.
The seat cover has no cracks or holes, but is pulling away from the metal base.
It seems a little difficult to turn.
Plastic dashboard has a crack on the right hand side
The tilt wheel column seems to have a little bit of movement after its locked in place
Am looking for some suggestions on the following:
How do I get it to have a low idle? Requires no choke to start.
How do I repair the seat, glue it to the base and clamp it?
Steering, tires are at correct pressure, how do I make it easier to turn? check the grease in the king pins?
Do the headlights stay on constantly? I have not been able to find a switch, its not on the key
Is there a way to tighten up the steering column?
Is there a way to convert this to a mulching deck?
Is there basic maintenance that this machine could use other than oil & filter change, air filter clean, deck clean, blade sharpen? I've spent the past 20 years maintaining and mowing with a Craftsman LT3000 Honda powered mower, 42" cut. I may be immune to common sense!
Small Issues
It does not seem to have a low idle, will run at speed for mowing with no issues.
The seat cover has no cracks or holes, but is pulling away from the metal base.
It seems a little difficult to turn.
Plastic dashboard has a crack on the right hand side
The tilt wheel column seems to have a little bit of movement after its locked in place
Am looking for some suggestions on the following:
How do I get it to have a low idle? Requires no choke to start.
How do I repair the seat, glue it to the base and clamp it?
Steering, tires are at correct pressure, how do I make it easier to turn? check the grease in the king pins?
Do the headlights stay on constantly? I have not been able to find a switch, its not on the key
Is there a way to tighten up the steering column?
Is there a way to convert this to a mulching deck?
Is there basic maintenance that this machine could use other than oil & filter change, air filter clean, deck clean, blade sharpen? I've spent the past 20 years maintaining and mowing with a Craftsman LT3000 Honda powered mower, 42" cut. I may be immune to common sense!