2010_2014 TORO ENGINES on Walk-behind mowers

lostman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am curious. What engine types are available for TORO residential lawn mowers? I believe TORO offers at least three 4-cycle engines; B&S, Honda, and Kolher.
I went online to the TORO site looking for specifics on engines and found no detailed information on any of the engines listed above, nor even the specifics on engines TORO does offer.

One of my neighbors has a fellow who cuts his lawn once a week. The guy has a TORO and it is one of the sweetest sounding lawn mowers I have ever heard; it puts my Honda GVC 160 to shame.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the mower was built after 2011, it most likely has one of the Toro engineered Lincon engines. When it first came out I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for one, but Toro listened to the techs and now it is a great engine. Cast iron sleeve ball bearing PTO, easy start. Toro does use the other engines on certain models, but I suspect they will soon go to all Lincon.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I am curious. What engine types are available for TORO residential lawn mowers? I believe TORO offers at least three 4-cycle engines; B&S, Honda, and Kolher.
I went online to the TORO site looking for specifics on engines and found no detailed information on any of the engines listed above, nor even the specifics on engines TORO does offer.

One of my neighbors has a fellow who cuts his lawn once a week. The guy has a TORO and it is one of the sweetest sounding lawn mowers I have ever heard; it puts my Honda GVC 160 to shame.

Engine Models:

. 6.75 ft-lb gross torque Kohler OHV

. 7.25 ft-lb gross torque Briggs & Stratton (190 cc)

. 8.75 ft-lb gross torque Briggs & Stratton OHV

Blaine B.

Threads
I saw some Briggs and Kohler engines on Toros at the hardware store two days ago. No primers anymore.

My Father has a 2009 Toro 22" Personal Pace with a 6.5 Briggs motor and it also has no primer. His has the blade brake so the motor runs continuously until you press the switch to "off"

I have two Toros 22" Personal Pace with 6.5 Tecumseh motors. One from 2007 and the other from......2007 or 2008?

All of the new Toros have switched to black engine covers. They used to be red.

triadtitleist

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the mower was built after 2011, it most likely has one of the Toro engineered Lincon engines. When it first came out I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for one, but Toro listened to the techs and now it is a great engine. Cast iron sleeve ball bearing PTO, easy start. Toro does use the other engines on certain models, but I suspect they will soon go to all Lincon.

What the heck is a Lincon engine? I have been a Toro man for years and never heard of an Lincon engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Built in China to Toro specs. They have been around for many years building Honda clones.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya they used the Lincoln engines on the cheaper toros for a long time. They look like hondas they act like hondas but are not built the same at all

Honey Badger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in the same predicament as the OP, I was torn between a couple of mowers with Honda engines or a Toro but not knowing where the Toro engines were made, or what their rated torque was, bugged me. They are made by Loncin in China and are rated at 5hp and 6.1 ft lb. Loncin is the same factory that builds Harbor Freights Predator line of engines.

Here's the Toro TXP 159cc engine, Loncin designates it the LC1P65FC.
Engine

One of the things I was researching was cost of replacement parts. Toro wants $226.58 for a replacement 159cc TXP engine, the Predator engine at Harbor Freight can be had for less than $100 and it's 3 models higher in Loncins mower engine line.