2009 Craftsman 18” Chainsaw Fuel Line Routing?

Chainsawtrouble

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2009 Craftsman 358-362181 18” 40cc chainsaw. It was doing great but all the sudden became intermittent and hard to start. I took it apart to investigate but didn’t take pictures unfortunately and I can’t remember how everything went. I found two problems. The fuel lines were brittle, falling apart and needed replaced and the red power wire to the on switch was worn with exposed fibers where the sheath had worn off exposing bare copper wire fibers. I’ve patched and put it back together but I must have something routed wrong on the fuel lines. I did a google search for routing and followed it but it must be wrong. How it’s setup, the bulb won’t fill and it will overfill the carb with gas. Currently I have the primer bulb that has a long and short orifice. I have the line that is connected to the fuel filter routed down into the gas tank and connected to the small port on the carburetor. I have the long port on the bulb connected to the hose coming from the rubber plug that routes hoses to the tank. Looks like a return to tank. I have the short port connected to the large port on the carb on the throttle and choke pull side. Can anyone help?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Possibly have the fuel lines reversed where they are connected to the carb. the fuel line with the fuel filter should connect to the nipple closest to the side of the with the cover with single screw which would be the fuel pump side(nipple on right side of carb as mounted if I remember correctly). the primer connects to the nipple closest to the cover with either two or 4 screws depending on manufacturer. that is the metering diaphragm side.

Chainsawtrouble

Forum Newbie
Threads
“the fuel line with the fuel filter should connect to the nipple closest to the side of the with the cover”

I’m sure your on the right track and appreciate the help, but I don’t understand.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
This should be a similar carb as what you are using.

In the second picture of the link of the carb that I posted the nipple on the top left next to cover with one screw is the fuel line connector from the fuel tank. the nipple on the bottom right next to the mixture adjustment screws goes to the short nipple on the primer bulb..