2007 Craftsman 15.5 Air Fuel mixture screw setting.

rdavis0627

Threads
Hi,
I've done a bit of googling too much almost and also searched this forum and threads either it's not on here which I doubt or I can't get the right key words to pull it up. Can some one tell me how to make this adjustment or tell me what the type or carburetor name is so I can attempt to find it that way.
Thanks forward
Craftsman lt1000, 2007, Mod# 917.287011, 15.5 hp engine, 31A607, 0741 E1, 061009ZE.

TonyPrin

Threads
I'm not familiar with your model but here's basic procedure for adjusting the mixture. I assume you've located the screw at the carburetor. The adjustment either makes the mixture leaner (more air) or richer (more gas). Usually, turning it clockwise will make the mixture leaner and turning counterclockwise will make it richer.

Start your tractor and let it warm up for a few minutes. Whie the engine is running, turn the fuel mixture adjustment screw slightly and watch what happens. If it runs better, continue until you're satisfied. If not, the other way.

Two more points. First, watch for smoke. Minimal smoke is optimal. Second, run the tractor fully to make certain you're done.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You have a Nikki PN 794572 carburetor. Those air/fuel are set 1-1/2 turns from seated. After they make little difference where they are set due internal idle mixture jetting.

rdavis0627

Threads
You have a Nikki PN 794572 carburetor. Those air/fuel are set 1-1/2 turns from seated. After they make little difference where they are set due internal idle mixture jetting.
Thanks so much as always it’s appreciated, have a good day.