2005 Hustler Fastrak blade replacement

Kainedogg

Member
A friend of my bud is selling his '05 Hustler for $500 but it needs blades.

Is the blade replacement a do it yourself option?

What should I be looking for when buying this used device?

It has a 48" deck.:cool:
 
Manuals


http://www.hustlerturf.com/images/product_manuals/114241.pdf Scroll down to 6-3.

Check oil level on dipstick, level low or on full mark, air filter clean or dirty, engine overall appearance, overall wiring- in good shape? Crank it up and listen to engine at idle, half throttle, and full throttle, smooth running or not, smoking or not. Operate all controls on mower while taking it for a drive, how does it handle? Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Mark. The engine is slow to start but I wonder if it's a failing starter. When it does come on, it purrs like a kitten. As for the wiring, it is not the best but not of too much of an issue. I did notice that their is a switch that is engaged when the right arm is in the "park" position that has been disconnected. I wonder if that is for the brake engagement. Where can I get replacement blades, besides the dealer?
 
Back
Top