2004 TroyBilt Bronco 18.5 HP B&S Stalling!

Does anyone have a write-up on how to check/adjust valves? I want to make sure that isn't the issue...or at least AN issue. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Most B&S valves can be adjusted at .003 on both.(cold) some people set them at Intake .004 and exhaust .006

Turn the crankshaft until exhaust valve is at its highest position, then check clearance on the intake valve, then turn crankshaft until intake valve is at its highest position, and check exhaust vale clearance.
The valves should actually be adjusted to spec every 12 to 18 months.

Read more: I have a briggs and stratton 31p777. It has hard starting issues. - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/small-eng...1p777-hard-starting-issues.html#ixzz20PoPwMyS


Have a look at this video...it may help you a little...!
http://youtu.be/NjzX-PUjKmo
 
Most B&S valves can be adjusted at .003 on both.(cold) some people set them at Intake .004 and exhaust .006

Turn the crankshaft until exhaust valve is at its highest position, then check clearance on the intake valve, then turn crankshaft until intake valve is at its highest position, and check exhaust vale clearance.
The valves should actually be adjusted to spec every 12 to 18 months.

Read more: I have a briggs and stratton 31p777. It has hard starting issues. - JustAnswer I have a briggs and stratton 31p777. It has hard starting issues. - JustAnswer


Have a look at this video...it may help you a little...!
Lawn Mower Repair Valve Adjustment - YouTube

Thank you so much for your help! I recleaned the carb, installed the rebuild kit, adjusted the valves and it purrs now! I couldn't be happier! Thanks again!
 
Back
Top