2004 Tiger Cub Solenoid Wiring Help

Stevieray

Forum Newbie
I have a 2004 Tiger Cub which I purchased new 15 years ago. It has a 48" deck and the Kawasaki 19HP engine. I removed starter to replace the solenoid. Now once I connect the battery cables the solenoid starts making noise without the ignition switch in on position or the seat safety switch depressed. I believe maybe I connected wires wrong so I ask does anybody know which wire goes on which post on the solenoid?

Or do I have another issue?
 
Last edited:
Please post the model numbers for the engine so we can see which starter and solenoid you have. Pics of the starter and solenoid may also be helpful.
 
What could cause the solenoid to energize once I connect the battery cables without the ignition switch in on position or the seat safety switch depressed?
 
You have hooked up the mower power wire to the solenoid trigger wire.
The mower power wire comes off the solenoid power cable bolt
 
Back
Top