2001 LT 1000 CRAFTSMAN FUEL TANK SWAP

dmyers

Forum Newbie
Threads
HAS ANYONE EVER SWAPPED THE FUEL TANK ON A LT 1000 MOWER FROM UNDER HOOD TO UNDER SEAT. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME MOWERS HAD THE UNDER SEAT TANK AND SOME DIDN'T. I MOW ABOUT 3 ACRES ON A TOTAL OF 4 YARDS, SEEMS I'M ALWAYS FILLING TANK.

Jim1590

Threads
If it is anything like mine, it is a simple gravity feed. As long as the tank is higher than the carb, and you take care in where you run the line, you should be fine.

I would put a shut off on both sides of the line though in case you need to isolate problems.

dmyers

Forum Newbie
Threads
The thing I was wondering about , is there room under the seat for the tank and what kind of mounts are required, the trans is a hydro with fan on top.

hrdman2luv

Threads
The thing I was wondering about , is there room under the seat for the tank and what kind of mounts are required, the trans is a hydro with fan on top.

I don't have a transmission like that. But I did put an under seat tank in a mower that was once an underhood tank. Put the battery where the tank once was. A few measurements of the battery & tray vs the tank should answer your questions for sure.