2 blades vs 3 blades on a zero turn mower ?

wdrdoctor

Well-Known Member
The dixie chopper zee 1 and zee 2 have 3 blades. These are the only lower priced zero turn mowers I have seen.
Does having 3 blades provide a much nicer looking cut ? I'm curious why these mowers have 3 blades on not just 2 blades like most zero turn mowers?
 
Blade tip speed.
Smaller blade length = higher BTS= better uniform cut through grass blade lift via rpms.
 
The dixie chopper zee 1 and zee 2 have 3 blades. These are the only lower priced zero turn mowers I have seen. Does having 3 blades provide a much nicer looking cut ? I'm curious why these mowers have 3 blades on not just 2 blades like most zero turn mowers?[/QUOTE

Most zero turns have three blades not two. The only size mowing decks that have two blades range from 30" models - 40" models. Anything smaller than 30" has one blade.
 
You get a better cut with 3 blades.
If you had a 50 inch deck with 2 blades the deck would be to big to fit under most mowers. And a long 25 inch blade will bend and be heavy
 
The dixie chopper zee 1 and zee 2 have 3 blades. These are the only lower priced zero turn mowers I have seen.
Does having 3 blades provide a much nicer looking cut ? I'm curious why these mowers have 3 blades on not just 2 blades like most zero turn mowers?

They have three blades because of deck size, there smallest deck is 42" I believe. Anything 40" and up is going to have three blades. I don't believe it has anything to do with cut quality. Whether you get a better cut with three blades rather than two or one is all a matter of opinion. There are to many variables to consider when it comes to a quality cut, like the deck itself, Blade tip speed, the height of cut, the forward speed of the mower, the blades being used and the operator themselves can all play apart as to how good or bad a mower is going cut.
 
You get a better cut with 3 blades.
If you had a 50 inch deck with 2 blades the deck would be to big to fit under most mowers. And a long 25 inch blade will bend and be heavy

All my 72" machines run 25" blades. W/o problems
 
You get a better cut with 3 blades.
If you had a 50 inch deck with 2 blades the deck would be to big to fit under most mowers. And a long 25 inch blade will bend and be heavy

Exactly like Carscw said... Much Better cut with 3 blades, (More blade cutting Ends, 6 vs. 4)...
and my 25" & Over blades are near or Over a quarter inch thick... These size decks generally will Not be found Under a typical mower, they are usually Front or Rear mount... But 3 blades are better than 2 your cutting takes place on the first inch or so of a blade Tip. :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top