1999 Yard Machines 17.5 Hp 42"

CaptainBoBo

Forum Newbie
I have two Problems..

1- While going up hills I can not make it up unless I push in the clutch. Might have to do this several times to get to the top of hill. Whats going on here?

2- While mowing, if i go in gear 4 or higher I get this bad GRINDING sound from the back of the mower somewhere. At the time of the grinding it also starts to jerk. If I go back to gear 3 its fine or if I come to a stop.

Thanks!
 
Both problems may have the same cause or be separate. Having to double clutch normally means that either the belt needs to be replaced and/or your idler tension pulley is bad. Grinding is normally an indication of internal gearbox problems if the drive belt tension is working properly.
 
Ok thank you guys. Is it worth taking the rear end apart and replacing parts? How bad it is to get the rear end out?

Thanks
 
Back
Top