1996 SSZ Drifts Right

salguod

Forum Newbie
My old Scag SSZ mower will drift right with both sticks fully forward and will move forward and right when both sticks are in the neutral position. I thought it needed adjustment, but putting the rear wheels in the air and starting the engine with both sticks in neutral neither wheel turns. As soon as I lower the jack and put some weight on the tires, it wants to move forward and right. I've checked the air pressure and set both tires to 22 psi as well.

How do I fix this?
 
Then you look closely at the linkages wheels up & wheels down
As it is going forward I would adjust it till the wheels just barely start to go backwards then ether try it like that or just touch it forward off reverse
Also check the mounting bolts as they could be loose or sheared or there could e a crack in the frame allowing the transmission to shift just far enough to engage forward
 
Back
Top