1995 JD 14PZ asking price?

loco-diablo

Threads
Hi Folks.. I have a 1995 JD 14PZ that I bought brand new in May of 1995. While it still was running well, I purchased a new Honda HRX in 2013 only because I wanted to move to self propelled. The wife has been bugging me to get rid of the JD because it's just one more thing cluttering the garage and I have to agree with her.

The 14PZ is in great condition. It has the silver aluminum deck, with the black B&S 5 hp engine. I also have a brand new catcher bag (still in the box) that will go along with it. The treads on the tires a bit worn. I'm wondering what a fair asking price on CL would be. I think I paid around $350/400 new.I'm in central MA.

redmondjp

Threads
Have you been scanning Craigslist ads in your local area? That is probably the best way to determine what you can get.

In my area, it's hard to get more than $100 for a walk-behind mower unless it's either a Honda (people pay stupid-high prices for the name IMO) or a commercial model.

You might start out in the $120-150 range (since you have spare bag, are original owner, is in exc. condition) and see what kind of response you get.

Time of year is also critical. Peak mower selling season is almost over (or already is, depending upon location).

Good luck with your sale!