Repairs 1994 320 - Battery Replacement Options

markcerv

Forum Newbie
Hi everyone.

I've taken over the maintenance of our model 320 lawn and garden tractor from my father. I just swapped out the ignition switch and connecting cables (another post when I have more time -- problem was fixed yesterday) due to corrosion from the battery that made the 320 inoperable.

I currently have an official John Deere battery in there that's 5 years old and needs to go.

I called my dealer, he wanted about $150 for the Dry Charged Battery, Part Number TY6192 (Remarks(SUB FOR TY6181)).

I brought in my battery to O'Reilly's, and they couldn't find a match for the 22F battery.

Online, I found that Batteries plus Bulbs carries a Duracell Ultra 12V Battery that "should be a match" for it, but I haven't seen it in person. https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli22f -- price is only $69.99 (so about half of the John Deere price).


I assume many others have swapped out their batteries over the years, and I'm sure that at least one of you hasn't gone with the dealer battery.
So - any suggestions/hints?


Thank you!
Mark

ps - in the San Francisco Bay Area if that matters.
 
Probably take some rework to use the standard size implement battery in that series JD, but save ton of money and work just fine for many years. I usually get 6 or 7 years out of the TS higher capacity batteries.
 
I will be looking to replace my 1994 320 battery soon. It has a Deca battery thats been on it since 2008. Got my monies worth I think. I will replace it with the same.
 
Back
Top