Repairs 1991 Briggs 28707 12hp flathead running issues

BustedKnuckles

Well-Known Member
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I bought this engine second hand and it runs good except for seeming to run out of fuel at times while mowing. I've learned that if you choke it for a second and then back to full throttle it runs good for a bit before having to repeat the same process.

I checked the bowl and emulsion tube before installing in on the mower and they were clean then but I haven't checked them again yet. Both the idle/fuel jet screws are 1.5 turns out. The fuel tank has been completely drained and the fuel filter is brand new. I have many carbs on hand but I would rather fix this instead of just swapping out parts. Gas is fresh and was purchased today.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
 
After swapping this carb to another engine, it turned out to be trash in the bowl; that'll teach me to be lazy again....

:biggrin:
 
Back
Top