1977 sears mower..im in love!

yeah..they are really neat...very quiet for a mower..i can hardly hear the blades cutting...im looking to restore....so if anybody's done this...any tips would be appreciated...but the gold/green look has got to go:laughing:.....also ...if anybody knows where i can get a dash..that would be great...its the worst part of the tractor right now
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0799[1].jpg
    IMG_0799[1].jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0801[1].jpg
    IMG_0801[1].jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0802[1].jpg
    IMG_0802[1].jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0800[1].jpg
    IMG_0800[1].jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0798[1].jpg
    IMG_0798[1].jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 18
Now I really like the look of the 77, and the Onan has a real good sound. What size tires are on the rear? Mine are 9.50 on 12 inch rims. When you come right down to it a complet rebuild is not all that much of a big deal. The whole tractor can be torn down in a very short period it does not require a lot of space. Yes I know it sounds like I am trying to talk myself into a project.

As for colors I personnally like reds, green, blue and some oranges. The real problem is all of the good colors are already taken. The blue is a nice color. I recently sold a 1980, Ford 1900 the blue, white and black looked real good.

Make sure you keep us posted.
 
my dad had a 1960's ford 2000 and an old 9n when i was a kid...and i ever since wanted a ford tractor.....the other day i saw one at the mower shop and it all came back....tires are 23x10x 12 on the rear and 16.5x6.5x8 on front.....ive always liked bright colors on tractors ...like red/orange and yellow...but the ford blue/white is legendary...if i cant have a ford ..i can create it!..[it already has the deck:rolleyes:]
 
yeah...theres many parts that have AYP numbers....but they may have bought some of the tooling...Kingwood990 said ROPER made it...im trying to research this whole thing now:rolleyes:
 
I am not surprised if AYP/Roper numbers are the same. I believe they used the same rearend up in till 2002 or so. Or a rearend that is real close to the one in this machine.
 
its amazing how many ownership changes have gone down over the years....AYP is now electrolux home products EHP ....which is owned by Husqvarna....so in turn they make the craftsman line..and on and on
 
Back
Top