1974 fairlawn Estate Rider

Jims s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself I just joined the group. I just completed a restoration on a 1974 MTD 34 inch rider. My dad purchased it new from Firestone co. does anyone out there have a Firestone estate rider I would like to hear back from u Please send me a photo ! this rider is very similar to the lawn flight MTD machine of that time . I wanted to post a picture of the completed project I just completed it yesterday . The 5th. pictureAttached is the before restoration photo all the rest are after completion. Regards,

Jim

Attachments

• 100_0685.jpg
    100_0685.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Frame & Engine.jpg
    Frame & Engine.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 24
  • Frame&Engine.jpg
    Frame&Engine.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Complteted Back View.jpg
    Complteted Back View.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Completed side.jpg
    Completed side.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Complteted front.jpg
    Complteted front.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Completed Engine.jpg
    Completed Engine.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Threads
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself I just joined the group. I just completed a restoration on a 1974 MTD 34 inch rider. My dad purchased it new from Firestone co. does anyone out there have a Firestone estate rider it is very similar to the lawn flight machine of that time . I want to post a picture I just completed it yesterday . Attached is the before restoration photo

Regards,

Jim

:welcome: to LMF. I can't wait to see the finished product! :thumbsup:

Jims s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I attached 2 phots of the frame and engine
Jim

Berniebac

Threads
Wow, that looks really great. What kind of paint did you use? Did you paint the original engine or replace it, I see it changed colour? Could you describe your process for refinishing the metal parts (i. e. remove old paint, rust converter, body fill, repaint)?

Thanks for sharing.

Jims s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for sending your photo ! it's great to see there are more machines out there of this type and time frame ! I used Dupli-color paint, but it takes a lot of wet sanding and buffing to get the finish because of the small fan U get from a can but if U take the time U can get really good result O the engine is painted with enging paint from Rust-olium

Thanks again for you photo

Jim

slammed

Threads
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself I just joined the group. I just completed a restoration on a 1974 MTD 34 inch rider. My dad purchased it new from Firestone co. does anyone out there have a Firestone estate rider I would like to hear back from u Please send me a photo ! this rider is very similar to the lawn flight MTD machine of that time . I wanted to post a picture of the completed project I just completed it yesterday . The 5th. pictureAttached is the before restoration photo all the rest are after completion. Regards,

Jim

You got that thing looking good. Nice work.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't let the neighbors see that or you'll have old rusty tractors lined up on your drive and they will all want a neighbor discount. :laughing: