1957 Lawn Boy 6100 Automower

Arena

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am new to this forum,but I have been addicted to Lawn Boy mowers for a long time!! I have a 6100 Automower and I was wondering how rare this model is. Also would it be better to leave the mower unrestored if it is rare. There is not to much info on this model on the internet .
[IMG
2011-07-14130614.jpg
[/IMG]

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I have never heard of any demand for antque push mowers. You can bet someone is into some where. I have seem where they restore old antque rideing garden tractors. Why don't you restore it and start something with Lawn Boys. Lawn Boy is a trusted name that goes back a long ways and that mower sure would look sharp all restored. Once restored it would be for show not use.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I am new to this forum,but I have been addicted to Lawn Boy mowers for a long time!! I have a 6100 Automower and I was wondering how rare this model is. Also would it be better to leave the mower unrestored if it is rare. There is not to much info on this model on the internet .

Welcome to the forum, Arena. It's great to have another Lawn-Boy collector here at LMF.

I can't tell you anything about your mower but there is another member, hankthecrank, who might know. I'm pretty sure he has at least one mower around that vintage and he seems to know a lot.

I wouldn't remove the original paint -- but that's just me. Does it run? It is self-propelled -- correct?

Do you have any other Lawn-Boy mowers?

Arena

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum, Arena. It's great to have another Lawn-Boy collector here at LMF.

I can't tell you anything about your mower but there is another member, hankthecrank, who might know. I'm pretty sure he has at least one mower around that vintage and he seems to know a lot.

I wouldn't remove the original paint -- but that's just me. Does it run? It is self-propelled -- correct?

Do you have any other Lawn-Boy mowers?

Yes, the mower runs. It is self propelled, I believe 1957 was the first year Lawn Boy made a self propelled mower. Its a 18" mower which is why I think it is rare. It also has on the name plate "1957 MILLIONTH MOWER YEAR", They made a 8100 model in 1957 which was an automower also but it was a 21". I have a few older Lawn Boy mowers, parts, bags .... , older commercials, suburbans.
100_1937.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sure looks like you have a good start to becoming a Lawn Boy buff. You like what you got and you like Lawn Boys. It sure looks like it would be a grate mower to get started on for a restore project. Make it look like it came off the show room floor. To keep it like it is the only thing I would think it might be good for maybe a museum or unless you still want to keep using it. Maybe another Lawn Boy collector would want it.