1957 Craftsman 2.5 hp engine rings

runningonempty1

Forum Newbie
Does anyone know how I might locate a set of rings for a 1957 Craftsman 2.5 hp engine? Unfortunately, the model number plate is missing from front of engine block. The deck is a 131 series push mower. I know dimensions for the rings, but without model, no one seems interested in trying to find them. Three rings, no expanders, no spacers. All are approximately 2.303" diameter. Top and middle are .093" thick. Bottom is .125" thick. I found the mower in an old ad, but gives no info except is Craftsman (possibly was Power Products). I have almost finished restoring, but would really like to replace the worn out rings. Would certainly appreciate the help.
Michael
 
Without the model number you are out of luck.

If you can measure you can call a resaler of rings and ask for the size you need.
 
Thanks for your reply BlazNT. Since I have a good picture of mower ad from 1957, I should be able to find SOMEONE who has one of these. If I can get a model number from such a person, I would be in luck. However, in the meantime, I will take your advice and try to find reseller. Not sure how to post the pic I have, I'm new to this forum. If anyone would like to see the pic of ad, please reply to my email [email protected]. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine looked horrible initially, but turned out to be in really good condition.
Thanks,
Michael
 
Thanks for your reply BlazNT. Since I have a good picture of mower ad from 1957, I should be able to find SOMEONE who has one of these. If I can get a model number from such a person, I would be in luck. However, in the meantime, I will take your advice and try to find reseller. Not sure how to post the pic I have, I'm new to this forum. If anyone would like to see the pic of ad, please reply to my email [email protected]. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine looked horrible initially, but turned out to be in really good condition.
Thanks,
Michael

Think I found them at Hastings MFG. Thanks All.
 
Back
Top