19 HP lawn tractor wont run after winter storage

InTooDeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi need help grass is growing fast and tall. Tried to start 1st time yesterday after winter storage (before storing I drained the fuel) and it just cranks and cranks and wont start. I check spark and compression then checked for fuel at filter. It was dry now that's a problem lol. When I prime carb with gas it will run long as i feed it gas, but it will not pull fuel from tank. So here's my question, Does my mower have a Fuel Pump or is it gravity feed? I have looked thru manual but cant find that answer.

My mower is
craftsman
model 917.252561
42" cutting
19hp twin I/C gold Briggs

Any info from you grass cutting gurus would be appreciated thank you

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shouild be gravity fed to carb. Maybe there was gas still in carb and it evaporated and left a varnish. You will need to check your carb for blockage.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So here's my question, Does my mower have a Fuel Pump or is it gravity feed? I have looked thru manual but cant find that answer.

My mower is
craftsman
model 917.252561
42" cutting
19hp twin I/C gold Briggs

Any info from you grass cutting gurus would be appreciated thank you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In general, never say always:biggrin: - If the gas tank is below the seat it is too low for gravity flow and a fuel pump is required. If the tank is under the hood and the tank bottom is above the carburetor it is usually gravity flow and no pump needed. Too bad manufacturers got away from natures gravity flow method.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
it looks like the tank is under the seat so the engine would have a fuel pump. on the briggs opposed engine the fuel pump in integrated into the from of the carb under either a three or four bolt cover. the diaphragm flaps could be dried out and stuck shut.

InTooDeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
ILENGINE thank you for the reply. I know exactly where the fuel pump is on the carb now, I was thinking that little box on the front of carb had to be it. Again thank you

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm sorry my reply was of no value to you but maybe it will help someone else to determine if their lawn tractor has a fuel pump. Have a good day and happy mowing.

InTooDeep

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am sorry, SandburRanch I didn't mean to infer that yer your reply had no value...All help and anyone on this forum that takes time to share thier knowledge is extremly welcome again thank you for each and everyone's help