185 hydro.

albertrsp

Forum Newbie
Hi,
the 185 hydro with kawasaki fc540v cs00 engine,ran then just wont start.checked all things electrical,switches,etc.

has spark and backfire thru carb,but wont fire up.I am at a loss !

Can someone help

many thanks

albert
 
I would start by checking the valve clearances to make sure there isn't a valve problem. Also may want to check the flywheel key to make sure it hasn't sheared.
 
I would start by checking the valve clearances to make sure there isn't a valve problem. Also may want to check the flywheel key to make sure it hasn't sheared.

Thanks for reply
I will check valve clearance and flywheel.Its the only things I have not checked.Also.
I did notice that before all this, it ran on after ignition off,and it only stopped when I closed choke butterfly.
many thanks.
 
By "running on" after the ignition is off, is it a dieseling sound or running like normal with the key on (but it is in the off position)?
 
By "running on" after the ignition is off, is it a dieseling sound or running like normal with the key on (but it is in the off position)?

Hi Rokon,
Sorry about late reply,but we are having a bit of trouble in paradise.It seems the whole worlds gone mad!
Yes,it ran on with key off.However I have subsequently had the coil short out and smoke.I suspect that this may have been the non firing cause?,after weeks of rechecking ,charging battery,etc,etc.

I am trying to source another coil,which will take some time cause its an old deere.

Thanks again and what u think about coil?
 
Hi mechanic mark,

Thank you,Its awsome info.I think its the coil,(smoking and hot),have you got one and can u post to Israel?

Thanks and sorry about delayed reply but,we got some troubles in paradise
Posting this in case you need parts listed in future. Searching for coil. Search : eReplacementParts.com
John Deere Model 185 Lawn Tractor Parts
Kawasaki Small Engine Ignition Coil

Error click anyway
Lawn Mower Parts, Small Engine Parts & Much More! | PartsTree.com - Briggs, MTD, Toro, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy-bilt...
Trouble everywhere, prayer is the only answer!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top