165 jackshaft disassembly

wv109323

Threads
I had some bearing wear on my mower deck bearings. The jackshaft bearing has some play in it. I can not see how to disassemble it. It appears that the needle bearing stub shaft is welded to the pivot arm. This mower has the earlier style deck on it with a serial number less than 420000. Any guidance or knowledge as to how to get it apart?

wv109323

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Yes this is the bearing in question however I still can not get it to budge. I have tried to press the bearing down from the top through the pulley. I then soaked the top of the bearing with penetrating oil and let it set over night. It would not budge. I then heated the pulley shaft til the oil on top was boiling. I put enough pressure on the bearing that I bent the pulley flanges. I also tried the move the bearing from the bottom side. Again I bent the pulley flanges so I quit trying to force it. The pivot arm has a washer and shaft that is welded to the arm on the bottom side. The drawings shows the bearing shaft sits in two bushings. I can not get the bearing up out of the bushings or get the bearing down through the pulley. I will run it to complete failure then apply extreme measures. Probably cut the bearing out with a torch or find/buy new parts.