15mins on new ariens IKON 52 from lowes and the deck belt broke.

doughoag

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 15mins on new ariens IKON 52 from lowes and the deck belt broke.
Guess I got lucky on getting a 48" so it fits through a gate I have. It's held solid even through somewhat abusive leaf pickup this fall.

Moparjoe499

Threads
15mins on new ariens IKON 52 from lowes and the deck belt broke. Saw in reviews it was happening often. Asked about the issue and my local lowes mgr and he said selling Ikon52 are on hold because of the problem. Here is a service bulletin I found which shows its a known problem. Does anyone have access to the actual complete bulletin?
Get your money back. If you keep it you are only asking for trouble.

Davenj4f

Threads
Thank you, but why are so many Lowes bought IKON52 mower having a broken belt after the first few mins and lowes has them all on hold do not sell until ariens reps come out and examine them? But no one seems to know it's happening? No answers from lowes or ariens?!?!?
One other thing to check is the pulleys. On my Ferris (don't get me wrong, I love my 2200), I found that the pulley heights on the deck weren't the same. A couple of pulleys were higher than others, which wore the belts out quicker, and also caused the pulleys to split apart. Had to properly shim the pulleys to get everything even.

Glades Cat

Threads
I have the previous model of the Ikon XD52, bought August 2022 at Lowe’s. It’s been trouble-free. I bought it in the shipping crate at the store and assembled it at home.