15HP kohler engine filled with gasoline (benzin in DK)

colakim

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 15HP kohler engine filled with gasoline (benzin in DK)
Well i just wanted to start my husvarna today, and like there was no power on the battery it would really turn the engine. Then i turned it by hand and PUF gasoline just ran out of it. I took of the air filter and more came out. The tank was total full yesterday when i drove it now it's of course empty.
What could be wrong ?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well i just wanted to start my husvarna today, and like there was no power on the battery it would really turn the engine. Then i turned it by hand and PUF gasoline just ran out of it. I took of the air filter and more came out. The tank was total full yesterday when i drove it now it's of course empty.
What could be wrong ?
Sounds like maybe the needle valve is not closing when the carb is full. Could be a sticky float. Give us the particulars on this like how old is it how many hours may be on it. What model# is is on the engine?
Doesn't sound like a big deal, got any tools?

Stewby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the carburetor float stuck. Pull the plug and slowly turn it over by hand to clear the cylinder or you could bend a rod. carb needs cleaned and check the float and needle. do you have an inline filter before the carb ?

P.S. Make sure you don't spin it with the starter while the plug is out but still attached. spark could ignite that fuel.

colakim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well i dont know if this migth be the problem. But i forgot to push the throttel (speeder thing dont know the english word) Down when i turned of the engine. Could that maybe be the only problem ?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...forgot to push the throttel (speeder thing dont know the english word) Down when i turned of the engine. Could that maybe be the only problem ?

No the throttle setting will have nothing to do with how much fuel is able to get to the carb...
There is most likely something allowing the float needle seat to remain open, like others have stated... KennyV

colakim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay just had to make sure if it wasnt that before i took the motor apart :)