Engine 140cc powermore

Marty013

Threads
soo.. im aware there are no provisions to change the preset RPM a particular engine runs at.. and no it isnt causing any problems.. but i was wondering if theres a way to get maybe 50-100rpm's more out of these things?? mostly just to up the forward pace of the mower itself

any ideas??

Bob E

Threads
I should probably tell you not to mess with it, but I had the exact same problem with the 173cc Powermore engine on my Huskee mower. It was set from the factory to run at low idle. :rolleyes: I'm not sure how different your 140cc engine is, but here is what I did:

After I remove the air filter and cover I removed 2 nuts and 1 bolt that hold the air filter box in place. I left the crankcase breather hose attached and flopped the air filter box out of the way.
Powermore%20throttle%201_zps5dqipoji.jpg

There is a funky "D" head black plastic idle adjustment screw on top of the carb next to the throttle plate shaft. Turn it in to raise engine rpm's and back it out to lower them.
Powermore%20Throttle%202_zpsfyrb1ndt.jpg

I cut a notch in the shroud on the air filter box that covers the carb so I could easily make adjustments after I put it all back together and had the engine running. I used a flat head screwdriver that fit snugly in the "D" hole.
Powermore%20Throttle%203_zpsws8mlqlq.jpg

Marty013

Threads
well what do ya know... ill check it out once theres light out... thanks! :thumbsup:

ok ok i couldnt wait lol checked it out and i see the same D shaped screw.. heck on mine (brand new this year) the cover, which seems different than yours, already has a slot in it to go meddle with that screw.. sooo.. yeah.. neat huh? :D