14" Poulan Woodshark

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Scrubcadet, I have a 3-4 of these in parts boxes. When they have scored P&C, they aren't worth rebuilding, $-wise. What parts do you need?
Most likely a carburetor, runs with the choke all the way out, bogs out and dies when you give it throttle, I'm going to try and clean it and adjust it first, if that doesn't work I'll give you a holler.

dougand3

Threads
Probably a Zama C1M-W26C. I don't have any new or rebuilt ones. Check your pump and metering diaphragms - any stiffness or click = need to be replaced. Zama is a PITA - they have 150 cube carbs and 147 rebuild kits. Walbro has 150 carbs and 4 kits. You never have the proper Zama kit around. Clone carbs and full fuel delivery kits are ~$15 online.
Do pull muffler and look at P&C. Much scoring may not be worth parts money - why I have 3-4 saws in parts in boxes.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Will do on checking the cylinder, it feels like a brand new saw compression wise, pulling the rope.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Anyone know a good plug to replace the TorCH R7 spark plug? Can't find anything cross reffin' it...

Edit, I see Champion RCJ7Y replaces it now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Okay, tore into the saw tonight, the fuel lines were all brittle and just snapped like a dry noodle.. so i wasn't able to see where they went. as in which one supplies the fuel and which one is the primer line that goes from the tank to the bulb to the carb.

when i press the primer bulb, air shoots out of the top fitting/nipple on it, so i would assume that one goes to the carb.
Also it uses a Walbro carb. I notice the link Star gave me lists it as a Zama carbatrator. They look identical so could i swap the walbro for a Zama?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Some photo's.
There are 2 holes in the fuel tank, one is lower in the back corner, so i assume the lower one would go to the fuel line, and the one higher (above fuel level) would go to the primer....
2, This is the only identification of the carb i can find is 'Walbro'.. no numbers or anything else anywhere.
DSC-9457.jpg
POULANSHARK1.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Walbro WTA30 2949, found it ;)
walbro lits it like this on their website WTA-30-1
Found a rebuild kit part number, K20-WTA

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay, tore into the saw tonight, the fuel lines were all brittle and just snapped like a dry noodle.. so i wasn't able to see where they went. as in which one supplies the fuel and which one is the primer line that goes from the tank to the bulb to the carb.

when i press the primer bulb, air shoots out of the top fitting/nipple on it, so i would assume that one goes to the carb.
Also it uses a Walbro carb. I notice the link Star gave me lists it as a Zama carbatrator. They look identical so could i swap the walbro for a Zama?
The longer nipple on the primer which should be the one that the air shooting out is the tank return. In your above picture the nipple being held by your thumb is the line from the tank with the fuel filter. the nipple being held by your finger is the one that connects to the short nipple on the primer.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks Ilengine, that's a big help (y) (y)
got a rebuild kit, fuel line and purge line, and filter ordered from PartsTree

Last edited: