13BA508N600 (2004) RH 135/105 B RESTORATION

pcfixitdave

Threads
Thanks Bert thats put it to bed i think

pcfixitdave

Threads
One thing still puzzles me that is if it was so rare to have this system why was mine wired up for it and in the grass catcher supplement it says ' where fitted'
also the wiring diagram calls out plug connection and supply plug connection , would still love to know how this system worked and if anyone still got an MDT 135/105 B and could fill in the blanks on this one also nice to know for historical interest, no information whatsoever on MDT website or net that i can find so reaching out to the community here cheers.

pcfixitdave

Threads
Well seems like full bag warn system is not as rare as Bert stated, the mountfield range has them seem to work on amount of grass pressing on lever/micro s/w but cant find other components on parts diagrams unless signal goes through some pcb should be easy enough to get working so this has got back out of bed and is ongoing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably a locality thing.
As mentioned the only mowers down here to have them are high end machines with solid catchers.
There are a lot of things which are different.
Most of the walk behinds down here have air snorkels & high filters.
None of the USA imports have them.
We use swing back blades the USA does not.

pcfixitdave

Threads
Yeah i get that Bert, just like cars can't keep up with whats fitted here and whats fitted there, hoping that someone with an elderly MTD with that system could fill me in with a few details on it cheers.

pcfixitdave

Threads
Afraid thats it for me on this forum, two replies one one of negligble use and another trying to help but knowledge resource on here seems very low ,what i have learnt about my ride on is all self taught and researched, so i will return to that, its been a hoot but has advanced me zero in real terms so bye and good luck to all ,as work to do, will be starting the machine today or tomorrow after rebuild, and if i have problems dont worry i wont be troubling any of you for guidance, ie dont read about it do it. CHEERS

pcfixitdave

Threads
got two holes on deck lifting arms no information in manual so in lower hole last two slots in selector lever 1 and 2 has no effect ,does common sense dictate i change it to the upper holes, if so why are there two? thanks in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because there are multiple decks used with the same tractor.
Some of the decks will also have redundant mounting holes so it can be used with a different tractor.
have a good look at the side chassis rails.
You will see lots of holes with nothing in them because the same chassis was used for both geared & varidrive transmissions.
Lots of parts wer common to a large number of slight variations on the same theme.