12.5 hp B&S Engine Starting Question

Iltetp

Forum Newbie
Threads
This evening i bought a 12.5 hp B&S engine to use as a replacement of one that had unrepairable damage to the cylinder and piston. On the way home i realized i may have made a decision to trust the sellers word that it will run like it should. Left happy with myself for making the purchase. However, on my way home, it hit my mind that i could have made a major mistake. I didn't hear it run, didn't have his new cell # or where he lived. We met in a Walmart parking lot plus he gave me no warranty. I am 70 yrs old and thought i would never make that kind of mistake, Any way here is my question to anyone willing to jump in help this old man.
Can i start this engine without having the key switch, solenoid, and some of the wiring present? It does have a starter. I hope this question is not so ridiculous that no one will provide an answer. iltetp asking for help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can start it with a pair of car jumpers , - clamped to the engine some where, + on the starter terminal
However
1) it MUST BE BOLTED DOWn to some thing solid
2) If it has a solenoid on the carb that must be energised , replaced with a bolt or you will need to toss teaspoons of fuel down the carb throat .