11hp Briggs and Stratton Generator

Grassbandit

Threads
Coleman Powermate 5000w with B&S 11 hp engine. 252412 0747 89080811
Got it to fire after several pulls, runs for about 10 secs and then shuts off and its hell to get started again.
I've already installed new head gasket, cleaned carb and replaced fuel lines and fuel filter, along with a new spark plug.

What could I have overlooked? I noticed some screws on the side of this old carb....do they require special consideration?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does it have a low oil shutdown? Add oil well up to the full mark if you do.

Grassbandit

Threads
Pic3609.jpg
no sign of a low oil shut down on the crankcase.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like it would have mounted on the other side bottom if you had one, according to the blowup.

The high speed adj. is the one on the bottom of the carb. Did you disassemble the carb? If you did, did you have any trouble.?

Grassbandit

Threads
It looks like it would have mounted on the other side bottom if you had one, according to the blowup.

The high speed adj. is the one on the bottom of the carb. Did you disassemble the carb? If you did, did you have any trouble.?

Yes, I disassembled the carb to clean it. It was pretty messy but I got it cleaned pretty good.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to me like the main nozzle needs to be replaced. With that style of updraft carb I would remove the carb, disassemble and give it either an ultrasonic cleaning or a good 24 hour soaking bath. I would then rebuild the carb with carb kit number 394989. Also, when you get it running make sure that you check and adjust the running RPM's are set so your AC voltage is either 110 V at 50 hertz or 120 V at 60 hertz. Failure to do so could ruin anything plugged into it.

aandpdan

Threads
Check your fuel supply. It looks like you're routing the hose under and around the generator. It should run over it.

Pull the line off at the carb and check the fuel flow - while you hold the hose at the carb inlet level.

You did pull the jet out of the carb before you split the body, right?

Grassbandit

Threads
Check your fuel supply. It looks like you're routing the hose under and around the generator. It should run over it.

Pull the line off at the carb and check the fuel flow - while you hold the hose at the carb inlet level.

You did pull the jet out of the carb before you split the body, right?

I ran the fuel supply on top and it flows at the same rate as underneath. But I'll change it back and see what measure of difference it makes.

Grassbandit

Threads

Didnt have any trouble disassembling the carb, I just need to understand how those screws with springs on them affect fuel/air mix delivery.

possum

Threads
The screws with springs on them are the fuel air adjustment. They effect it by being it. There is a jillion videos on youtube on carb adjustment.