$119 mower!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
2006 mtd yard machines....17.5 tecumseh...42" deck..well....i did it again!....i cant help it...people need to stop selling these things so cheap!...im running out of room:laughing:.....it looks rough but actually with close inspection its in good shape ...compression at 150...tranny is tight and shifts great....steering still tight [ i never see that]...its actually built solid!..needs seat...choke cable and tires are marginal...stickers are flaking...and a chip and crack in hood...i like the long old style hood...will be cleaning ,waxing and a lube job.. and see if i get attached enough to keep it:laughing:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0706[1].jpg
    IMG_0706[1].jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0708[1].jpg
    IMG_0708[1].jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0710[1].jpg
    IMG_0710[1].jpg
    135 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0711[1].jpg
    IMG_0711[1].jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0707[1].jpg
    IMG_0707[1].jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0709[1].jpg
    IMG_0709[1].jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
You sure thats not older than 2006? I thought they made those from 94-02, but I could be wrong.
Is it a hydrostatic?
Sounds good, only thing I would be worried about is the Tecumseh.
 
yeah its weird...it has a 2006 engine and a 2006 tranny...but the model #'s say its a 2000....maybe someone swapped it all out....by the way whats wrong with the tecumseh?:smile:
 
I guess it's just an opinion. I've known people who have had problems with them, but then again, I've known more people who have had problems with briggs, but, briggs makes more engines.
 
from the old timers..i hear the old tecumsehs were crap but they got better as the years went on....ive had 6 of them and never had troubles :confused3:
 
Back
Top