10.5 hp intek wont run

jimigunne

Threads
I said i had drained the gas tank and refilled with fresh ethanol free gas. Yes, but i drained a little gas from the fuel tank and discovered its got a lot of water! Should i take the bowl off carb and soak in carb cleaner? What about the fuel pump? It looks like it does not come apart.

jimigunne

Threads
I took bowl off carb, made sure all water removed from icarb. Drained tank and fuel lines. Put fresh contaminated gas in. It still does not even let out a pop at all when cranked. Made sure gas was freely pouring out the fuel line when pulled off of carb.No matter how the intake butterfly plate is positioned, no joy. But a tiny shot of starter fluid direct into cylinder after removing spark plug will result in a "pop". There is plenty of compression when pulled, and i have the magneto positioned right side up, so the kickback issue that installing it upside down was causing is gone. Has to be the air/fuel charge is not being sucked into the cylinder i guess? This is the second new carb from Amazon i have installed. Plug and magneto are brand new. Any ideas?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Maybe the carbs from Amazon are the problem..
It definitely sounds like a fuel delivery issue.