1 year old yth24v48 husqvarna will not start

alalas

Forum Newbie
It will not make any sound at all when i turn the key, no click, nothing
I plugged the car charger I have on the battery terminals and it started fine.
As soon as I removed the charger, it stopped running.
I thought I needed new battery and I bought one.
I put new battery today, and still it does not turn on, no click, nothing.
I checked the 20A fuse I could follow from the red wire of the red terminal on the battery, fuse OK.

Any ideas what else it can be? Appreciate your help
 
Do you have a multi meter that you can check voltage with it not running, you said it will run with booster cables on from car, when you start it and take cables off how long till it stops.

You should also check all of the safety switches, if one is open like nothing on seat you won't get a click when you try, I can't think of what would make it run with booster cables on.

Mechanic mark or bertsmobile1 or one of the other experts will you jump in here please.
 
The engine doesn't need the battery to run, only to crank. But the electric solenoid mounted on the carburetor does need battery voltage to supply gasoline and the valve closed the instant the 12 V supply was disconnected. Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect about the solenoid and its volt supply.

You've learned something already. Never replace the battery until it has been fully charged and load tested. Many automotive retail stores will do this free of charge. My NAPA store does and that's where I purchase my jelled, sealed batteries.

Let the trouble shooting begin.
 
The engine doesn't need the battery to run, only to crank. But the electric solenoid mounted on the carburetor does need battery voltage to supply gasoline and the valve closed the instant the 12 V supply was disconnected. Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect about the solenoid and its volt supply.

You've learned something already. Never replace the battery until it has been fully charged and load tested. Many automotive retail stores will do this free of charge. My NAPA store does and that's where I purchase my jelled, sealed batteries.

Let the trouble shooting begin.

Some will turn off at 10V and yes sounds like the fuel solenoid is tripping off.
Cant really see how that would work with the OP's post, something is not right with that wiring.
 
Some will turn off at 10V and yes sounds like the fuel solenoid is tripping off.
Cant really see how that would work with the OP's post, something is not right with that wiring.
It dies as soon as the jumpers are disconnected. Electrical problem so let the trouble shooting begin as in he needs to find the real electrical problem.
 
Hi guys, still no luck, I followed wires along, and they all look good and clean.

Could it be the alternator?
 
Read this post http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/40098-Mower-won-t-turn-over?p=250362#post250362
Same problem, different mower, but same solution.

Bridge the two big terminals on top of the starter solenoid.
Engine cranks = all heavy wiring is OK, mower ground is OK

Jump the small terminals on the starter solenoid , engine cranks = solenoid OK
The small terminals are not polarity sensitive.
Only 1 hook it + and ground the body
2 then 1 ground & the other 12 V does not matter which way.

If you do not get 12 V on one of the small solenoid wires then proceed as per the above post.
If you have a 4 pole solenoid then check one goes + 12v and the other goes ground with the key in the start position.
 
Back
Top