$1.73 billion Powerball

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
All the banks around here won't take rolled coins from individuals. You have to be a business and rolled in the clear plastic tubes. My deposits for the business are in cash. It is always in Bill's as I don't mess with coins. The bank gave me a form to be able to deposit rolled coins.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Banks are trying to get rid coins anyway. Personally if they don't want the money I just keep it here but I converted to round off customer bills to the nearest dollar just to avoid the headaches.

One of the root cause was individuals putting in washers in rolled coins. Here one bank would not accept rolled coins even if you were a business. I remember carrying in $320 in rolled half dollars and then having to unroll them so they could put them through their coil counter. Boy that was mean of my customer to pay his bill that way.

Back when I worked at financial equipment company banks had smaller coin counters that I serviced and some even larger ones that would automatically roll them when a roll size was counted.

Now my credit union will take rolled coins but you have to use their coin separator/counter and pay a 10% fee if loose coins.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Banks are trying to get rid coins anyway. Personally if they don't want the money I just keep it here but I converted to round off customer bills to the nearest dollar just to avoid the headaches.

One of the root cause was individuals putting in washers in rolled coins. Here one bank would not accept rolled coins even if you were a business. I remember carrying in $320 in rolled half dollars and then having to unroll them so they could put them through their coil counter. Boy that was mean of my customer to pay his bill that way.

Back when I worked at financial equipment company banks had smaller coin counters that I serviced and some even larger ones that would automatically roll them when a roll size was counted.

Now my credit union will take rolled coins but you have to use their coin separator/counter and pay a 10% fee if loose coins.

A bank charging you for depositing coins just ain't right. Those clerks aren't busy all day long. They got time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My credit union will take loose coins anytime, count them and deposit the amount in my account anytime, at no charge. When they are busy, they ask if they can do it later when it slows down. I have no problem with that, as they are doing a service for me. Maybe I’ve got the last place where service is above profit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most Aussie banks take loose coins as they all have automatic coin counters that count and bag the coins then they drop down into it's internal safe.
Notes are the same, teller really never touches them. machine sorts & counts notes bands and drops them into the internal safe .
OTOH I keep bags of coin in the workshop which I use for change when I have too many I can always bank them or purchase groceries with them.
Most shops are grateful for loose change , particularly the local ones as the nearest bank is 20 miles away .

Lawn Addict
Threads
My local bank will take coins, no problem.. Other big bank will not.

KM Richards

Threads
They were talking about this on radio yesterday morning. You would net after taxes about $400,000,000 million. Completely ridiculous what the government takes.

I wouldn't be upset or complain at all if I ended up with $400,000,000 million in FREE money and still get to live in this mostly free country!

I'd be willing to put on my big boy britches and deal with that and not be a cry baby 'bout the taxes... now problem! coffee-smiley.gif

Last edited: