Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Mower
    Snapper

Re: Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Hello forum,

My name is Evan and I decided to join for a few reasons. Iíve been using snapper hi vacs for over 30 years and consider myself familiar with them. I currently am reconditioning a 21400p from 1981. I also have a newer 2004 hi vac with a Honda engine.

Mower
    Snapper

New to Forum and Snapper

I've had a variety of mowers in my lifetime (73yrs) but now have my first Snapper. Since moving to a property with about one acre, I've had riders and finally updated to a ZTR, my Snapper 550Z 61".

550Z.jpg

550Z_BA_Shop.jpg

The 550Z has been reliable and makes a great cut!

The biggest issue I've had was changing the hydraulic oil filters a few weeks ago. I totally destroyed a filter wrench trying to get the filter off and finally had to remove the wheels for better access to the filters. It was incredible how tight the factory had put the filters on. I wrote to Snapper and they forwarded my email to the manufacturer of the motors. I never got a response from them, not that it really matters. I installed the new filters correctly so I can get them off next time!

The mower is comfortable to ride on, but I wanted to ask if any of you have modified the stock seat suspension in any way. I see an assembly online but I'm thinking there might be a simpler way to improve the ride a bit.

I look forward to learning more from you folks!

Mower
    Snapper

Re: Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First! - GregInEllijay checking in

I have a 73 Comet 3080 and now an older 306RD (1963 - 1966 per Tractor Data) which I just got and is still under a tarp on the trailer. Once it stops raining for 5 minutes in Georgia I plan on getting it out and going through it. Interesting in that these have dual drum brakes with brake straps on the outside that you can see from the top. The drive guts are similar but different too. I also have two running Snapping Turtles.

So now I am looking for reference materials for repair, dating, and painting. I found a location at TractorData that shows Snapper RER by year at - is that reliable? The Snapper website doesn't have anything for stuff that old.

I found a very good manuals link at mytractorforum, but not sure about links to outside sites being allowed here.

Anyway thanks for the site and am looking forward to talking to anyone about older Comets as I have the bug. I'm 59 years old and cut a million miles of grass on an old Comet as a teenager. I think my first mechanical learning experience was with the drive disc.

take care
    Greg in Ellijay GA

Mower
    Snapper, and more Snapper!

Greg, look up Jimís Fixit Shop on YouTube. Heís a great source for repair info on our RERís.

Mower
    Snapper

Thanks! I actually have already found him and he is a great source and appears to be a great person.
    take care
    Greg

Mower
    John Deere

Just got this RP215012 up and running. Any explanation as to what the Recycler designation means other than pull start mount is on right of handle?

20190718_120256.jpg

Mower
    Snapper

Quote Originally Posted by 1652 View Post
    Just got this RP215012 up and running. Any explanation as to what the Recycler designation means other than pull start mount is on right of handle?

20190718_120256.jpg
    It's a term Snapper uses for their mulching mowers.
    Mine came with the Mulching kit/Ninja blade, side chute, and bagging chute and bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mower
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by slk230red View Post
    It's a term Snapper uses for their mulching mowers.
    Mine came with the Mulching kit/Ninja blade, side chute, and bagging chute and bag.
    Thankyou!

Mower
    John Deere

How do/did you like the ninja blade? Im in the process of turning mine into a mulcher, and I ordered one of those oregon wavy blades to try. Gonna get the mulch cover as well.

Mower
    Snapper

Spper 1333

Just bought a 1995 1333 33" cut with 13hp motor on ebay for a hundred bucks! Pretty amazed as the mower runs and cuts and I already did my whole lawn with it. Most used snappers around here are selling for about $600 and they are the 28" models. It had stickers from the original seller who is
    still in business....I would like to do maintanance to make this thing run like new! Maybe I'll get some picks, but you already know what these look like...its actually in pretty good cosmetic shape except for a little tear in the seat.