honda hrc216 without the bag?

tyjoja

Threads
Hi, I have several hrc216's for hand mowing. Nice heavy duty mower and works well. Seems made to only mow with the bag. When bag not on grass just balls up around the cover and eventually the engine will die when you engage the blade. Will a mulching blade help this? Any tips or advice will be welcomed, thanks Bob

twinfords

Threads
there should be a mulch plug available for this model

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, I have several hrc216's for hand mowing. Nice heavy duty mower and works well. Seems made to only mow with the bag. When bag not on grass just balls up around the cover and eventually the engine will die when you engage the blade. Will a mulching blade help this? Any tips or advice will be welcomed, thanks Bob

Bob, what's the serial number off the back of the mower deck? Most HRC's can be fitted with a mulching plug or side-discharge chute. I can get you part numbers and the location of a dealer near you that can supply 'em. Just get me the serial number(s) [and your ZIP code].

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

tyjoja

Threads
thanks guy's. Robert there is a plate on the back that says meets blade safety requirements that has HRC216 CF. and a sticker that says mzan6034353 HXA. thanks bob

tyjoja

Threads
Whoop's forgot to mention that the grass backs up aginst the rear plate until it get so built up that it clogs the blade until it won't turn. I thought a mulching blade would chop finer and not push the clippings toward the exit shoot. bob

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay, here's what I found out:

(1) The side-discharge chute is simple 90-degree elbow fitting that directs the clippings from under the rear door out the left side of the mower. Part Number is 06814-VG4-010.

(2) You can remove the upper blade (closest to the engine) and just use the lower blade; this set-up might work better than the twin blades for your turf/lawn conditions. To make up for the removed lower blade, install the spacer kit, Part Number 06725-VK6-000.

Both parts can be purchased from any Honda dealer; here's a link to find one in your area:

Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

tyjoja

Threads
thanks for the part numbers Robert, I'll check it out. I think my mowers have only 1 blade, had 1 tipped up today and only saw 1 blade

icon2000

Threads
I use a mulching plug with mine no problem