Shop Pics

Mower manic

Threads
One has got to be scottisch to come up with a st...d reply like that.:tongue:

Hey,..i heard the scottish suicide rate goes up dramaticly... when rope or coffins are on sale.
I knew scots are stingy... but not 'THAT' stingy :laughing:

If you weren't on his ignore list before......I'm pretty sure your are now, welcome to the club!
You're not trying to get the prestigious "lead troll" position, are you?

His shop is currently the bedroom closet. :laughing::laughing: But... at least he has one.

Mower manic

Threads
Bison, boy you don't mess around that is a great shop.

These are the best pictures I have at this time. The snow picture is from last year. BTW, the barn is 35 ft to the peak. It has two and a half floors for 1,800 s. ft. The building itself is 30 x 30. I heat it with wood. I originally built it for horses. Now the only horse is a 66 mustang as well as the JD, Husqvarna, Sears GT and a great many tools etc.

I also have a wood working shop 22 x 22 also heated by wood.

Architecturally, I give your shop a 10. Was that a requirement of some local ordinance (historical society) or your own aesthetic standards? You did a great job, looks very nice from the front.
I have always had concerns about a roof the has 2 different pitches on either side of the gable. Do you have any problems with it? seems like the transition would be likely to leak.

fastback

Threads
The building is a gambrel it was built in 1987, by me and my Dad. My Dad was a carpenter by trade and told me he would not help me with the building unlees we did a gambrel. He was the lead on the project. Never had any problems with leaks etc. As already indicated it was built for horses. The second floor was for hay storage. It was and interesting project I dug the foundaton by hand 5 ft deep. I poured a footing and then 8 x 8 x 16 concret blocks. It was all done by hand I used an old craftsman cement mixer and I hauled the blocks in my pick-up. Most of the framing lumber was free. I picked it up at a lumber yard that recieved its materials by rail. They used 2 x 4 x 16 and 2 x 6 x 12 & 16 to secure it on the train cars, all I had to do was haul and remove the nails. I just happend to be in the right place at the right time.

Bison, you are right I am running out of room. I order to do most work I have to move the Mustang and JD out side, but this only happens on nice sunny days. I don't want to get them wet. I am working on a new shop area for my metal machine work. Its only 250 sf but it will be located in the basement of a new addition to the house. I won't have to walk so far. I think I mentioned that I have a woodworking shop also that was once a 2 stall garage. My wife is a little irrated with me because of all my shop areas she want's some space. She'll get over it.

They say the one who dies with the most tool wins. I don't expect to win, but I would like to have an honorable mention:thumbsup:

Bison

Threads
If you weren't on his ignore list before......I'm pretty sure your are now, welcome to the club!
You're not trying to get the prestigious "lead troll" position, are you?

His shop is currently the bedroom closet. :laughing::laughing: But... at least he has one.

Who cares :rolleyes:

Nope, i don't care about that either.:tongue:

fastback

Threads
Some scots have large noses because air is free:laughing:

Bison

Threads
Some scots have large noses because air is free:laughing:
They need that nose to cut trough the thick fog there,..otherwise they'll be spinning on the spot:wink:

orville58

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys!I like looking at other guys shops...so I thought I'd post some of mine.It's full of lawn furniture and a little messy..lol...but here it is anyway.jc

wow what a nice shop ! thanks for the pics it gives me more to dream of getting:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

B10Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
:drink: This is an interesting thread so I thought I would post some pics of my overcrowded shop. My shop is 30ft.X60ft. with a 14x16 door and a man door in both ends. It is heated by a natural gas radiant heater that works very well. I changed the oil on my pickup today and only had to move my snow fleet and the motorhome out to get the truck inside!! In the summer when the motorhome and small travel trailer are outside I have actual working space. Later this year I hope to build a mezzanine along the back to get a lot of the smaller stuff ( motorcycle and garden tractor projects ) up above for storage. I have the start of an idea to build a freight elevator to get them up to the second level. Dave.

Attachments

• shoppics1.jpg
    shoppics1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 33
  • shoppics3.jpg
    shoppics3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 34
  • shoppics5.jpg
    shoppics5.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 29
  • shoppics7.jpg
    shoppics7.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 27
  • shoppics9.jpg
    shoppics9.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 30
  • shoppics12.jpg
    shoppics12.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 30
  • shoppics13.jpg
    shoppics13.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
  • shoppics15.jpg
    shoppics15.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

jc56

Threads
Hey Dave. really like your snow removal fleet!Good looking ole stuff.jc:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Dave.... Cute Cab Over.... More pictures of it when you can... :smile:KennyV