Export thread

Shop Pics

J

jc56

Hey guys!I like looking at other guys shops...so I thought I'd post some of mine.It's full of lawn furniture and a little messy..lol...but here it is anyway.jc

Attachments

F

fastback

Nice work shop. I don't have many of mine. I just never think of taking any. Also for some reason I can't seem to download to this site.

J

jc56

Thanks fastback....jc

Bison

Bison

Here is mine,..build last year,finished this winter.

Attachments

J

jc56

EXCELLENT!!!Nice job Bison!!I really like your shop......big.....tall.....just a great shop.Like your colors too man.Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

reynoldston

reynoldston

Both shops look large with lots of room. Nice looking shops. My old shop is 25X25 but I keep that locked any more seeing I don't want a large shop anymore. By keeping it small I tell the customer I only have room for one job at a time and when I am done with what I am working on I will work on yours, also in the winter it heats a lot easier. I do get talked into the larger shop ones in a while like this comeing week end a van gas tank job.

J

jc56

Yeah...I really don't have any heat....a small propane gun heater and some quartz heaters.Enough to get by..lol.I noticed Bison had a ceiling heating unit....NICE!!!

F

fastback

Bison, boy you don't mess around that is a great shop.

These are the best pictures I have at this time. The snow picture is from last year. BTW, the barn is 35 ft to the peak. It has two and a half floors for 1,800 s. ft. The building itself is 30 x 30. I heat it with wood. I originally built it for horses. Now the only horse is a 66 mustang as well as the JD, Husqvarna, Sears GT and a great many tools etc.

I also have a wood working shop 22 x 22 also heated by wood.

Attachments

J

jc56

Nice Fastback!!!Rack and everything!!!Good work.That is a cooooooool JD man!!Thanks for sharing.jc

Bison

Bison

Thanks for the compliment folks,i realy needed a decent shop.This one is 70 X 46 X 15h,one 20' and a 14' wide door,the latter with an opener.
there are 2 nat gas heaters and a woodstove,(one heater would've been enough i found out)i installed six 6 tube T-5 fluoresant lights(you will like those:thumbsup:)

My old shop was 60' x 20' and a 10' ceiling, very cold,no windows,poor light and a dirt floor.Frankly i got sick of moving equipment and vehicles out to get to the hoist in the back after 20 years.

here some more pics

Attachments

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Thanks for the compliment folks,i realy needed a decent shop.This one is 70 X 46 X 15h,one 20' and a 14' wide door,the latter with an opener.
there are 2 nat gas heaters and a woodstove,(one heater would've been enough i found out)i installed six 6 tube T-5 fluoresant lights(you will like those:thumbsup:)

My old shop was 60' x 20' and a 10' ceiling, very cold,no windows,poor light and a dirt floor.Frankly i got sick of moving equipment and vehicles out to get to the hoist in the back after 20 years.

here some more pics

Looks great:thumbsup:

J

jc56

Love it Bison!!That is a nice big shop.jc:thumbsup:

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

These are the best pictures I have at this time. The snow picture is from last year. BTW, the barn is 35 ft to the peak. It has two and a half floors for 1,800 s. ft. The building itself is 30 x 30. I heat it with wood. I originally built it for horses. Now the only horse is a 66 mustang as well as the JD, Husqvarna, Sears GT and a great many tools etc.

WOW!
So your workshop is three stories and it has a bridgeport, that is a milling machine right?
Makes me want to burn mine down and start over......what else have you got in there?
the John Deere looks great by the way...al you need now is a parade :biggrin:

F

fastback

Thanks, The first floor is the working floor. What else do I have? Hmmm, where do I start? First keep in mind that this is just a hobby shop. I retired early at age 54 and always liked to build and make things. So here goes, stick welder, mig, plasma cutter, 12 ton press, arbor press (1 & 3 ton) drill press (3), car lift, metal brake, gas welding, 6,9 and 10 inch metal lathe, surface grinder, vertical band saw, horizontal band saw, sand/bead blast cabinet and on and on.

The other levels are mostly used for storage. You know the stuff that gets in the way. Spare table saw, jointer, radial arm saw, saw sharpeners and spare parts. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

jmurray01

jmurray01

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Bison

Bison

Thanks, The first floor is the working floor. What else do I have? Hmmm, where do I start? First keep in mind that this is just a hobby shop. I retired early at age 54 and always liked to build and make things. So here goes, stick welder, mig, plasma cutter, 12 ton press, arbor press (1 & 3 ton) drill press (3), car lift, metal brake, gas welding, 6,9 and 10 inch metal lathe, surface grinder, vertical band saw, horizontal band saw, sand/bead blast cabinet and on and on.

The other levels are mostly used for storage. You know the stuff that gets in the way. Spare table saw, jointer, radial arm saw, saw sharpeners and spare parts. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
With all these tools in it there can't be much room left to do anything.:wink:

jmurray01

jmurray01

With all these tools in it there can't be much room left to do anything.:wink:
:laughing: That's the best way!

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

How many times have you found youself wishing you had an elevator? :rolleyes:

jmurray01

jmurray01

How many times have you found youself wishing you had an elevator? :rolleyes:
If I had an elevator I'd be too heavy to use it :laughing:

In these cold, cold months walking up and down the stairs is the only exercise I get!

Bison

Bison

:laughing: That's the best way!
One has got to be scottisch to come up with a st...d reply like that.:tongue:

Hey,..i heard the scottish suicide rate goes up dramaticly... when rope or coffins are on sale.
I knew scots are stingy... but not 'THAT' stingy :laughing:

M

Mower manic

One has got to be scottisch to come up with a st...d reply like that.:tongue:

Hey,..i heard the scottish suicide rate goes up dramaticly... when rope or coffins are on sale.
I knew scots are stingy... but not 'THAT' stingy :laughing:

If you weren't on his ignore list before......I'm pretty sure your are now, welcome to the club!
You're not trying to get the prestigious "lead troll" position, are you?

His shop is currently the bedroom closet. :laughing::laughing: But... at least he has one.

M

Mower manic

Architecturally, I give your shop a 10. Was that a requirement of some local ordinance (historical society) or your own aesthetic standards? You did a great job, looks very nice from the front.
I have always had concerns about a roof the has 2 different pitches on either side of the gable. Do you have any problems with it? seems like the transition would be likely to leak.

F

fastback

The building is a gambrel it was built in 1987, by me and my Dad. My Dad was a carpenter by trade and told me he would not help me with the building unlees we did a gambrel. He was the lead on the project. Never had any problems with leaks etc. As already indicated it was built for horses. The second floor was for hay storage. It was and interesting project I dug the foundaton by hand 5 ft deep. I poured a footing and then 8 x 8 x 16 concret blocks. It was all done by hand I used an old craftsman cement mixer and I hauled the blocks in my pick-up. Most of the framing lumber was free. I picked it up at a lumber yard that recieved its materials by rail. They used 2 x 4 x 16 and 2 x 6 x 12 & 16 to secure it on the train cars, all I had to do was haul and remove the nails. I just happend to be in the right place at the right time.

Bison, you are right I am running out of room. I order to do most work I have to move the Mustang and JD out side, but this only happens on nice sunny days. I don't want to get them wet. I am working on a new shop area for my metal machine work. Its only 250 sf but it will be located in the basement of a new addition to the house. I won't have to walk so far. I think I mentioned that I have a woodworking shop also that was once a 2 stall garage. My wife is a little irrated with me because of all my shop areas she want's some space. She'll get over it.

They say the one who dies with the most tool wins. I don't expect to win, but I would like to have an honorable mention:thumbsup:

Bison

Bison

If you weren't on his ignore list before......I'm pretty sure your are now, welcome to the club!
You're not trying to get the prestigious "lead troll" position, are you?

His shop is currently the bedroom closet. :laughing::laughing: But... at least he has one.

Who cares :rolleyes:

Nope, i don't care about that either.:tongue:

F

fastback

Some scots have large noses because air is free:laughing:

Bison

Bison

Some scots have large noses because air is free:laughing:
They need that nose to cut trough the thick fog there,..otherwise they'll be spinning on the spot:wink:

O

orville58

Hey guys!I like looking at other guys shops...so I thought I'd post some of mine.It's full of lawn furniture and a little messy..lol...but here it is anyway.jc

wow what a nice shop ! thanks for the pics it gives me more to dream of getting:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

B10Dave

B10Dave

:drink: This is an interesting thread so I thought I would post some pics of my overcrowded shop. My shop is 30ft.X60ft. with a 14x16 door and a man door in both ends. It is heated by a natural gas radiant heater that works very well. I changed the oil on my pickup today and only had to move my snow fleet and the motorhome out to get the truck inside!! In the summer when the motorhome and small travel trailer are outside I have actual working space. Later this year I hope to build a mezzanine along the back to get a lot of the smaller stuff ( motorcycle and garden tractor projects ) up above for storage. I have the start of an idea to build a freight elevator to get them up to the second level. Dave.

Attachments

J

jc56

Hey Dave. really like your snow removal fleet!Good looking ole stuff.jc:thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Hey Dave.... Cute Cab Over.... More pictures of it when you can... :smile:KennyV

Bison

Bison

:drink: This is an interesting thread so I thought I would post some pics of my overcrowded shop. My shop is 30ft.X60ft. with a 14x16 door and a man door in both ends. It is heated by a natural gas radiant heater that works very well. I changed the oil on my pickup today and only had to move my snow fleet and the motorhome out to get the truck inside!! In the summer when the motorhome and small travel trailer are outside I have actual working space. Later this year I hope to build a mezzanine along the back to get a lot of the smaller stuff ( motorcycle and garden tractor projects ) up above for storage. I have the start of an idea to build a freight elevator to get them up to the second level. Dave.

Dude you have got to clean house,half that stuff can go to the scrapyard,that way you can use that shop for what it was intended.
While you're at it rip those useless T-8 fixtures from the ceiling and instal a couple T-5 light fixtures so you can actually see something :wink:

F

fastback

Yes, you definitely have stuff. I have to agree with Bison, some cleaning and better lighting would be a real plus. Other than that you have some nice old tractors and other stuff. Thanks for the pictures.