JD 265

Lthurston

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, my dad passed away last year and left a JD 265 mower. It looks great, started right up, but won’t roll. We can’t seem to locate the transaxle release. I have looked at many YouTube videos but the location shown for the transaxle release is totally different than on this lawnmower. Does anyone Know this machine enough to give me direction or pics would be amazing for next steps to get this guy going? Thx.

MowLife

Threads
If it sat up awhile the brake may be stuck...especially if the park brake was set.

D

Deleted member 97405

If you look in the back of the machine, on top of the transmission you will see a lever you can push down. You will have to hold down on that lever as you roll the machine. These machines don't roll very fast. Hopefully the release isn't seized. The best way is to have one person hold the lever down and the other person push the machine. I have already wrapped a bungie cord around the lever to hold it down so I could push the machine myself. (I work at a dealership and sometimes have to load them myself at customers' houses)

Capture1.JPG

Lthurston

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you look in the back of the machine, on top of the transmission you will see a lever you can push down. You will have to hold down on that lever as you roll the machine. These machines don't roll very fast. Hopefully the release isn't seized. The best way is to have one person hold the lever down and the other person push the machine. I have already wrapped a bungie cord around the lever to hold it down so I could push the machine myself. (I work at a dealership and sometimes have to load them myself at customers' houses)

View attachment 45464

Thanks for the replies. The transaxle release moves about a half inch, but wouldn’t roll. Break peddle is loose, feels normal but no idea how to release a frozen pk break.

D

Deleted member 97405

I am attaching the parts diagram for the brake. It is a drum and shoe type.
The brakes are located at the front left side of the transmission.
Your brake pedal linkage should attach to #6. Rotating that should release the brakes unless they are seized behind the cover #2.

Capture1.jpg