intek 24 governor speed

DixyKnocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
so I ended up buying a intek 24hp to swap out the windowed kohler CV22 on the dixie chopper

I know b&s sells various governor springs its currently got a 3600 on it the dixy spec CV22 turned 3700 and change before it decided to snap a rod right clean in two for no good reason
was thinking about just putting the purple 3800 rpm spring on there
I know people that race these motors and turn 7k on stock rods so I know the rods can take it its only _200_rpm

thoughts ?

Tinkerer200

Threads
Well I would not increase the top governed speed for several reasons one being if this is a new engine you may void the warranty. Before I did anything like that I would double check the maximum blade tip speed of present set up against safety specks. I do not know of any B&S recommendation of exceeding 3,600 except for some generators.

Walt Conner

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And the stock rods will not take 7000 rpm for very long, ask any one who builds race engines.
These is no benefit from spinning the engine faster in fact a lot of hydro pumps will be damaged or just wear out prematurely if over reved.
If you want the blades to spin faster change the clutch for one with a bigger pulley

DixyKnocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
motor is a used plant we got the entire tractor for 200 bucks
the Dixy SPEC CV22S was spected to turn 3750rpm which is why I was asking