Repower lx277

Lillite

Forum Newbie
Threads
every one has a past, present & if we are lucky a future.
Not the sharpest tool in the box but I do try to keep myself informed. While I have been out of the industry for 40 years, I kept up my subscriptions to as many trade journals as I could because brains need to be feed.
I have a small investment portfolio so I also subscribe to several daily financial newsletters . It is amazing the difference between what is in there & what is in the mass media.
And it is not hard to join the dots and find out the picture is a dunny and we are heading right down it.

I am not a great fan of your current President however he is the first for near 100 years who runs the country as a business,.
Thus his use of trade & trade embargos which is relatively cheap and hurts those who make decisions rather than sending in the troops which is very expensive and hurts those who are the victims of their bad government.

As a brand new graduate I went to my first international conference.
The first speaker told the audience that Australia was the best place in the world to manufacture things.
We had the cheapest energy on the planet, abundant raw materials including metals, a well educated work force & mild weather reducing the need to heat plant & equipment to stave off freezing. All true back then.
The second was from industry & told the group Australia was a basket case with militant unions, low productivity & expensive transport so the only future was to keep the high profit design where we have a natural advantage ( racism ) and outsource production to countries that were not capable of designing anything but could do cheap manufacturing,,,,,,,, like Japan, well it was 1975.
When Japanese companies started to export products back to us that were better than the products we were getting them to make, they were accused of copying, stealing & dumping.
So the lecture changed, the destination to Tiawian because the "Lamps of Freedom" needed the oil from the west to defend against the evil communist Chinese.
Couple of years latter they had white outed the name again and put Korea in there and thus it continued as we trapsed through the third world and I watched in despair as we exported out future.

I was foreman at a factory where the management team went on a fact finding world tour.
They came back & issued a memo that as of today there would be zero production scrap but not one cent for new plant or processing upgrades, so the obedient workers simply hid all the scrap in the garbage thus the company achieved their zero scrap target but the profits did not increase so they went on another fact finding trip.
I worked in a foundry where we had 16 furnaces that took around 1 to 3 hours each to pour. Management expected each furnace to pour at least once if not twice per day.
However if any more than 3 poured at the same time, there was not enough water to cool the moulds & we got bleed throughs then run outs.
Now it was not the fault of the obsolete water plant which was bought new during WWII, it was my fault for not scheduling the pours better.

I think it was Bertrand Russell who said "most people would rather die than think" and unfortunately this is true.
It is so much easier to repeat the trash spin we get feed than to take 5 minutes to find the real facts or even worse to become obsessed about the life of trash like the Hilton tart or those Kardashians ( ?) rather than live in the real world and if I was living in the USA I would be very worried about my future and the future of my kids.

Yes, I’m concerned. The US has become energy independent and our netso Democratic Party wants us to destroy our economy and surrender to the rest of the world so they can feel like they’re doing something. Crazy.

Be well, ive been all around the world but never Australia. One of my bucket list destinations. Be well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only trash steel China makes is exported so you will find Chinese weaponary quite up to the mark.
China has no plans to go to war, all of the arms build up is just sabre ratteling and boundary pushing .
They put an air base on an island and you ( and us ) send a couple of battleships there in defiance and every one feels safe & secure.
Like a debate in parliament, all smoke & mirror theatre to impress & fool the masses.
China will dominate the world financially and the greed of the multinational companies will cause the downfall of both your & our economy.
The only country that will be able to halt it's progress is India once the racial tensions created by the British to divide , conquer & sublimate is finally overcome.
They will be toppled eventually by the Africans after the Africans finally understand that the Germans, British, Dutch, Arabs, Americans , Australians are there to maintain the rivalry between the countries and keep them internally unstable not help them. Eventually Africa will combine to form some sort single entity and become the dominant world power. This of course assume we have neither poisoned the planet to our extinction or populated to extinction, both of which are very much on the cards.

THE USA used to have the blue ribbon anti monopoly laws, called the anti-trust laws designed to ensure no one company or group of companies can dominate any single market to the extent they control the market and prevent competition. Australia like a lot of other countries used them as the base to fashion their own similar legislation.
President Reagan effectively dissmantled them and successive administrations have either weakened them or failed to use them so you now have Monsanto, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Walmart, Apple, etc etc.
These are the companies that will destroy your country because they are now trans national and will happily do what Apple has done & move their financial base to a foreign country to avoid paying USA tax and shift production to the cheapest place on the planet regardless of the consequences.
Walmart will happily sell 100% Chinese made goods even if that means all USA factories close down and they are now big enough to force USA factories to supply them good at a loss.

President Trump can see this and is making some efforts towards reversing it but he is outgunned by by the business lobby and only ends up with minor show pieces like HD closing it's Australian wheel factory and pretending they will bring the production of the street rod to Milwaukee .
Have a walk around you local mower shop , flip everything over and see where they were made then ask yourself what has happened to all of the Americans who used to make them in the USA.
Quite a large proportion are currently in jail, costing you a fortune in order to prop up the fortunes of foreign drug barons.
Do the same in an electronics store, a hardware store and even a supermarket .
Every one can not be in defence, police, doctors , teachers , lawyers , house cleaners & trolly pushers