Tiger Cat Purchased

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
This week we added another Tiger Cat to our fleet.

I bought my first one in July of 2014, bought the second one in April of 2015. We have had incredible service from those two. I need a third mower at times and a backup is always nice in case of an unexpected breakdown.

I have found that for my operation that standardization is a key thing. I am moving towards having every thing that I purchase from now on to match if that is feasible. That way I do not have to keep numerous parts for numerous machines on the truck. This is very good for things like belts and blades on mowers. It also works great with string trimmers.

zmister11

Threads
This week we added another Tiger Cat to our fleet.

I bought my first one in July of 2014, bought the second one in April of 2015. We have had incredible service from those two. I need a third mower at times and a backup is always nice in case of an unexpected breakdown.

I have found that for my operation that standardization is a key thing. I am moving towards having every thing that I purchase from now on to match if that is feasible. That way I do not have to keep numerous parts for numerous machines on the truck. This is very good for things like belts and blades on mowers. It also works great with string trimmers.

Nice! Is it another 52?

db52282

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nice! Is it another 52?

Let me add to zmister11's question:

Did you get the Tiger Cat II?

Sticking with the Kawasaki motor?

You mentioned in another post that you were demo'ing a Turf Tiger. I really like the 52" Turf Tigers. How did the TT compare to the TC?

Thanks!!!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Let me add to zmister11's question:

Did you get the Tiger Cat II?

Sticking with the Kawasaki motor?

You mentioned in another post that you were demo'ing a Turf Tiger. I really like the 52" Turf Tigers. How did the TT compare to the TC?

Thanks!!!

I guess that it is to each his own but we have demoed a couple of Turf Tigers. I personally can not see the extra money for the Turf Tiger when we have had the experience we have had with Tiger Cats. The ground speed is not faster but the maneuverability of the Tiger Cat is incredible.

I cut 75 or so properties from 1/4 acres to 15 acres and have cut as much as 40 acres at a job. At times the 61" or even a 72" would be nice but we can knock out so much grass in a day with the Tiger Cats that for me it is not even questionable to go to anything else.

I like the fact of being able to be standardized with the Tiger Cats as well. All three of mine are exactly alike. That way I can buy blades by the box because they all use the same blades. I only have to keep one deck belt in the tool box because they all use the same belt. I can go get filters and I don't have to stop and make a list of which mower I am going to have to get what for. I just get filters because they will fit which ever......

I have heard of too many people in our area that have had problems with Kohler motors on zero turn mowers. From my experience the Kawasaki motors are tough machines. I have not personally run into anybody that has had issues with one. on the other hand I have run into several who have had issues with Kohlers.

We use a 16' enclosed cargo trailer to haul with and the 52" Tiger Cats load and unload so easy. At times we load and unload 10 or more times a day......

Lik I said to each his own but for my operation I have not found anything that touches the Tiger Cat Scag.

Last but not least we have an excellent dealer that takes care of us if we happen to be down.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi jekjr and group,
Here are some pics of what I have done to hold up the plastic chute. The vertical bar is where the collection blower mounts onto so I utilized it. A similar bar could easily be installed in the same spot. The belt guard that you see in my pics is for the collection blower and is different from the non blower guard. The guard may have to be notched to fit around the vertical bar.
On the chute I installed a small U bolt that holds the metal ring that drops over the vertical bar.

Attachments

• P5180017.JPG
    P5180017.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
  • P5180016.JPG
    P5180016.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P5180015.JPG
    P5180015.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 28

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi jekjr and group,
Here are some pics of what I have done to hold up the plastic chute. The vertical bar is where the collection blower mounts onto so I utilized it. A similar bar could easily be installed in the same spot. The belt guard that you see in my pics is for the collection blower and is different from the non blower guard. The guard may have to be notched to fit around the vertical bar.
On the chute I installed a small U bolt that holds the metal ring that drops over the vertical bar.

That is a neat Idea. I have just been using a bungee strap on all three of mine.