High octane for Honda

charley95

Threads
Bought a new VKA last may. I was wondering if it's ok to use ethanol free high octane gas in it? We only have one station in my area that carries ethanol free gas and they only carry high octane.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a new VKA last may. I was wondering if it's ok to use ethanol free high octane gas in it?

Won't hurt a thing to run higher octane, BUT you'll probably have less chance of a clogged carburetor by using non-ethanol fuel. For absolute best results, drain ALL the fuel from the tank and carburetor when storing the mower > 45 days.

FYI, higher octane fuels are typically only necessary in higher-performance engines that require such a fuel. There is absolutely no performance or power improvement by running a higher octane than recommended by the engine manufacturer.

PVHIII

Threads
I have to disagree with the last post a higher octane fuel WILL INCREASE ENGINE POWER AND PERFORMANCE.

gentlejax

Threads
I have to disagree with the last post a higher octane fuel WILL INCREASE ENGINE POWER AND PERFORMANCE.

even though I know nothing about lawn mower engines I know cars and seeing how their is no electronics , computer or anything else then how would you get more HP and power with high octane gas ? what is going to cause this to happen vs lower octane fuel ?

explain?

jp1961

Threads
I've read high octane gas is actually less explosive than regular. Only needed in higher compression engines that would knock on regular.

Bod

Threads
I think you will find that most OEMs recommend high octane and no alcohol. Some places however it is impossible to get high octane without alcohol. in that case opt for the non alcohol.