1211 hydrostatic blades not engaging?

holly648

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello all ,
whilst using the Honda hydro static 1211 today i managed to crash it into a small tree. There seemed to be no outside damage to the ride on mower but upon driving it away it made a very loud high pitched sound which continued until i cut out the engine. The blades will now not engage , you can move the lever to the "blade" position but the blades just wont engage and no sound of it "engaging" if you get what i mean comes from it.
Any diagnosis and advice would be helpful.
Many thanks
HB

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
hello all ,
whilst using the Honda hydro static 1211 today i managed to crash it into a small tree. There seemed to be no outside damage to the ride on mower but upon driving it away it made a very loud high pitched sound which continued until i cut out the engine. The blades will now not engage , you can move the lever to the "blade" position but the blades just wont engage and no sound of it "engaging" if you get what i mean comes from it.
Any diagnosis and advice would be helpful.
Many thanks
HB

A look under the frame and above the mower deck would be a good place to start. See if the belt(s) are intact or have come loose. With the engine OFF, have a helper try engaging the the PTO (blade control lever) and see if you can tell if the PTO is working and properly engaging the belt(s). Abnormal noise with the blades OFF could indicate damage to the drive belt (not sure if the 1211 has one or not...probably does).

Above all, if you're not comfortable working around the unit or not sure what to look for, best to have a Honda dealer inspect and check it for you.