Mower
    Gravely

Raining--- so good for the yard

I love it when it rains because it waters the yard and the gardens (saves my back). I hate it when it rains because the grass grows a lot faster and I have to mow twice as often. It's really coming down today!

Mower
    Honda

Re: Raining--- so good for the yard

It's your perspective. It's my my job to tend the garden; it's not my job to mow the grass. So from where I sit, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain unless it rains so hard it drowns out my veggies.

Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Mower
    CTL

Rain is so nice for making things green and GROW... PLUS it's free water .
    One inch of rain on 1000 sq. feet of lawn is 625 gallons. ...and 1000 sq feet of lawn is a very small lawn. KennyV

Mower
    MTD - Yard-Man

I'd rather have grass to mow than not. I say let it rain. There's nothing I like more then a good thunderstorm with low, dark, fast moving clouds! HOOYAH!

Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Mower
    CTL

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    There's nothing I like more then a good thunderstorm with low, dark, fast moving clouds! HOOYAH!
    A good electrical storm is fun to watch AND listen to... Plus it cleans the air with some fresh ozone... Along with the rain... and the resulting breeze that freshens everything... KennyV

Mower
    MTD - Yard-Man

I like it when it's slow, steady, and lasts all day. I know the ground is getting some really good penetration, and there's just more relaxing than the sound of it.

Mower
    Dixon

Our city just approved an increase in our water bills by 18%. Consequently I am hoping to water less this year. My dad taught me that if you wait until it looks like it needs water, you are to late. Does anyone have any experience using a moisture meter? Any feedback appreciated.

Mower
    60" 30 HP Hustler's

Quote Originally Posted by dannycrensh View Post
    Our city just approved an increase in our water bills by 18%. Consequently I am hoping to water less this year. My dad taught me that if you wait until it looks like it needs water, you are to late. Does anyone have any experience using a moisture meter? Any feedback appreciated.
    Here in FL, I have seen a product called Ecologel. It helps the soil retain moisture. I know some golf courses use it. Seen it in Lowe's as a test item, not sure if they ended up with it or not. Website is Ecologel Solutions, LLC. Environmentally responsible solutions for water conservation, dust control, drought, liquid nutrients, algae control and pond maintenance. , I met the inventor at Lowe's, very nice guy.
    Not sure if it would save money in your water bill or not. Worth a check.

1,000 Post Club
    Mower
    Snapper SR1433

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkler Buddy View Post
    Here in FL, I have seen a product called Ecologel. It helps the soil retain moisture. I know some golf courses use it. Seen it in Lowe's as a test item, not sure if they ended up with it or not. Website is Ecologel Solutions, LLC. Environmentally responsible solutions for water conservation, dust control, drought, liquid nutrients, algae control and pond maintenance. , I met the inventor at Lowe's, very nice guy.
    Not sure if it would save money in your water bill or not. Worth a check.
    MAN, you've been diggin deep for threads to reply to, havent ya, Sprinkler? I gotta admire your dogged tenacity!

Good replies, though! Keep it up! At least you're not replying to "my mower won't run"......from 19 months ago!