blade belt slips off

Murray1

Threads
I have a Murray 12hp 38" cut riding mower. Not sure what happened; however, the blade belt started slipping off the idler pulley when in low cutting heights 1-3 or 4. I thought it might just be the belt so I pulled it off and it did have a nice cut in one area of the belt. I replaced with the Murray 37x63 belt, same that was on the mower. Still having the same problem.

I am also a little unsure on the adjustable arm and where it should be. It appears to push up against the pulley gaurd at high cuttng heights and jumps over the pulley at lower heights. Not sure if it is really suppose to push up against the pulley guard.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Murray 12hp 38" cut riding mower. Not sure what happened; however, the blade belt started slipping off the idler pulley when in low cutting heights 1-3 or 4. I thought it might just be the belt so I pulled it off and it did have a nice cut in one area of the belt. I replaced with the Murray 37x63 belt, same that was on the mower. Still having the same problem.

I am also a little unsure on the adjustable arm and where it should be. It appears to push up against the pulley gaurd at high cuttng heights and jumps over the pulley at lower heights. Not sure if it is really suppose to push up against the pulley guard.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The very first thing I question when I see this problem. Did you use a OEM belt? Big different in belts, besides size.

Murray1

Threads
As far as I knew, yes I did use an OEM belt. The package said Murray 37x63.

Thanks.

Murray1

Threads
Any thoughts?

Also still wondering on the adjustable arm positioning?

Thanks.

Murray1

Threads
Can someone with a Murray mower or similar take a photo of the deck area showing the location of the adjustment arm when the blade is engaged?

Also, more threads behind adjustment lug tighter or looser? I think I may have went the wrong way. I will try back and forth to see if the belt gets tighter in the mean time.

Thanks

Murray1

Threads
Nobody have any thoughts are guidance?

I am going to play with the adjustment arm today but not sure if this is the problem.

Help????

Thanks.

Murray1

Threads
Ok, maybe if I just keep posting to my own thread I will figure out the problem. Kind of a new way .of taking to yourself.

It appears that my mower is unlevel from side to side. I have moved to the farthest back hole on the adjuster plate but still seem to be off by more than a 1/4".

The issue is that the adjustment bar that hits the idler pullly at high setting will jump over the pulley at lower settings causing the belt to come off the idler pulley.

I need to see if there is any more height adjustments. It appears if I can get another 1/4" I will have the issue resolved.

Thanks.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can someone with a Murray mower or similar take a photo of the deck area showing the location of the adjustment arm when the blade is engaged?

Also, more threads behind adjustment lug tighter or looser? I think I may have went the wrong way. I will try back and forth to see if the belt gets tighter in the mean time.

Thanks

Well, if you are unwilling to snap any photos, or at least provide a Murray model number, so we at least have a clue what model you have, or look at any parts diagrams, why would you expect us to run out and snap pics of say any Murray with a 38 inch deck?
Murray made tractors from the 1970s up till the 2000s, and made many 38 inch models, you might want to get up and be a tad more helpful, and respectful, if you expect any miracles here.........

Murray1

Threads
Model# 38608X92B
Date of Manuf 0650

I have photos but can not figure out how to add. I went to manage attachments but it is just taking me back to forums.

As far as the previous reply, thanks.

Murray1

Threads
I was able to cut a little grass today on height stting 4. Only problem is that I appear to be out of adjustment left to right and it appears I need another 1/4" or so to make things close to being level. I am probrably about 1/2" different from side to side.

I also attached a few pics.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 17