HRB215 SXA Lawnmower leaking oil

kurb.conrad@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

There's oil dripping underneath. I removed the blades and its not the crankshaft bottom oil seal. The Honda service guy says its the oil seal at the top of crankshaft. This will leak from too much pressure caused by putting too much oil in. I could not see or feel any oil in the area

When I looked closer it looked it was dripping from the bottom inside corner of the cylinder head. I noticed from the parts diagram on line that there is a gasket between the cylinder head and the cylinder body . I am guessing that the gasket is leaking, although the engine starts and runs perfectly.

I could not find any info on YouTube and forums on how to replace that gasket for HRB215. Does anybody have any suggestions?? The engine is GXV140.

Thanks

Kurb

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could not find any info on YouTube and forums on how to replace that gasket for HRB215. Does anybody have any suggestions?? The engine is GXV140.

A paper shop manual direct from Honda will help a lot; Honda sells them on eBay and Amazon direct, but only for USA models. While Canada-market models are nearly identical, I can't say for 100% sure they are a perfect match. Here's a sample page showing the cylinder head gasket and head removal:

hrb215cylinderheadrampr_zps555747c5.jpg

kurb.conrad@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Robert

I should get a manual - I have to add $20 more to the online price to deliver to Canada
I did some more troubleshooting yesterday and what looked like a a leak from the cylinder head gasket turns out to be a leak from the oil pan gasket.
I managed to pull the engine out . One of the nuts was loose. I could tighten it, but it might make sense to replace the gasket. I checked online and the gasket is obsolete according to one website, and the Honda dealer told me to use Honda Bond a silicon glue instead of the gasket. However I read online that the Honda Bond should not be used for the older models as it does not have the width tolerance to accommodate the crankshaft. So I'll try to get the gasket again

Kurb