The Last Straw...Honda HRR Wheels

Threads
Well...my Honda HRR's back wheels are completely done I think! They were smooth since they had no tread, but now they are getting holes...that's how far they are worn down! :confused2: Luckily I get my HRX back tomorrow! :thumbsup:

DSCN9022.jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well...my Honda HRR's back wheels are completely done I think! They were smooth since they had no tread, but now they are getting holes...that's how far they are worn down! :confused2: Luckily I get my HRX back tomorrow! :thumbsup:

That's seems to be one of Honda's problems, The wheels go then the drives. You can believe this or not but over the years I have owned 4 Honda Quadra Cut mowers and everyone did the same thing, the front wheel tread went to nothing and the piece that held them on the deck went to crap and the front wheels actually feel off the mower deck, but not before the drives went bad. The mowers would move forward but the drive would lock up when you tried to pull the mower backwards.

Threads
Curious, any idea how many hours of use you got out of that set of wheels?

I try to keep track with my HRX, but really don't with my HRR. But let's see. We bought this mower new in 2006. It was used residentially up until half way through 2011. The second half of 2011 I used it on maybe 4 yards a week. Then in 2012: the first half of 2012 I used it on maybe 10 lawns a week, and then the second half I got more customers but I bought the HRX so I split the lawns up between them. So maybe 7 lawns a week on the HRR then. But in 2013 it was back to being used on one lawn a week (or every 5 days), until the HRX had to go into the shop. It is not so much that I have an extraordinary amount of hours on it; it's more just from pushing the mower from house to house. But for the total number of hours on this machine, I would say ~500-750.

JSB33

Threads
So my yard is 100X300 minus the house and paved areas. I can cut in well under 2 hours, summer time its 1.5 hours. Figure 30ish cuts a year. That would be under 50 hours a year. (Actually in my case its much less as I use my Honda for trimming and full cuts only in the spring and fall or after heavy rain) So you are talking about 10-15 years of residential use. That is some pretty good wear on those tires.

Threads
So my yard is 100X300 minus the house and paved areas. I can cut in well under 2 hours, summer time its 1.5 hours. Figure 30ish cuts a year. That would be under 50 hours a year. (Actually in my case its much less as I use my Honda for trimming and full cuts only in the spring and fall or after heavy rain) So you are talking about 10-15 years of residential use. That is some pretty good wear on those tires.

I already have close to 500 hours on my HRX! :cool:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Should have got a

S
N
A
P
P
E
R

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

txzrider

Threads
I find it interesting what you said about the drive failing... my snapper(walk behind) does not get much use now.. but when I used it alot, it started this thing where it went forwrd but would not back up... turned out I had been neglecting the drive tranny oil. Checked it and it was low, refilled it and started changing it every so often and it never happened again.