Seriously Rethinking Lawn Mower Business

minkyung

Threads
Home and building owners want to mow their own loans. Lawn mowers are very affordable. People replace mowers after very long time. These are things we see this time :)

Maybe we give free sojo to every client, hehe.

What would make you hire a contractor to mow your lawn? Just wondering.

mois25

Threads
Perhaps you do not have time or simply want to have the professionals do their job while you watch from a distance. The reasons might be varied but rental services seem like a good idea.

Hershey

Threads
Convenience and mobility. Keep in mind that a lot of people may have disabilities that prevent them from doing chores like this. Others just don't want to be bothered; they just want it to look good.

minkyung

Threads
Thank you mois25 and Hershey. You mean, there are people who want a lawn. But they do not want to mow. That is a good thing for business :)

But in your opinion, if there are ten people who have lawns, how many of them would want a contractor to mow their lawn?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you mois25 and Hershey. You mean, there are people who want a lawn. But they do not want to mow. That is a good thing for business :)

But in your opinion, if there are ten people who have lawns, how many of them would want a contractor to mow their lawn?

Yea they're plenty of people who own homes and or businesses that don't have time to mow or just don't want to be bothered with a lawn and you would be surprised the number of people who hire someone on a temporary basis and find out how nice it is to have someone else mowing and decide to let let them continue.

You ask how many in ten would hire for lawn care, hard to say. People are funny, you can go into a neighborhood where people aren't interested in lawn care and find one person wanting someone to take care of his lawn and before you know it you can have half a dozen clients in two weeks.

You say you're Seriously Rethinking Lawn Mower Business, if you should decide to go ahead remember word of mouth is your best advertising, doing the job well can land you more work than you can handle.

jenkinsph

Threads
Depends on the wealth of the area but just a guess maybe 1 in 50 or 100 people would pay others to do it. There are high end neighborhoods where it is 95% contractor mowed and these guys go up and down the block mowing almost everyone.:confused2:

I should add Rick is so right about word of mouth advertizing, I use to pay for full page phone ads and now operate with a cellphone only. This is as a Gen. Contractor I always seem to have more than I can get to. This allows me to pick the customers too, which is even more important.

touree

Threads
I still strongly believe rental services provide booming business but as is like any business venture, it will take your people skills and a clear understanding of what you are doing to crack the market.

touree

Threads
I still strongly believe rental services provide booming business but as is like any business venture, it will take your people skills and a clear understanding of what you are doing to crack the market.

AndyMan

Threads
Look for neighborhoods with either widows or retired people. They are often not physically able to handle the work. They often need light maintenance done also (gutters cleaned, branches removed) which could help you expand your list of services.