Kommander bagger unit

Jake in CT

Threads
Anyone purchased one of these? I'm wondering how difficult it is to get on and off and whether folks are happy with their purchase.

Deuce

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone purchased one of these? I'm wondering how difficult it is to get on and off and whether folks are happy with their purchase.

I purchased a ZG127S with the bagger and I am having a bad time with it not picking up leaves very well. I am waiting for the dealer to come and install Gator Blades and some sort of attachment to the front of the mower deck as it now blows the leaves out the front of the deck.

Duckman

Threads
On a side note I have purchased a Cyclone Rake for mine....will report later on it.

Deuce

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a ZG127S with the bagger and I am having a bad time with it not picking up leaves very well. I am waiting for the dealer to come and install Gator Blades and some sort of attachment to the front of the mower deck as it now blows the leaves out the front of the deck. Well, the dealer put the Gator Blades and a rubber piece on the front of the mower deck and it still works awful! Trying to get some type of answer on what to try next. I don't believe that Kubota has any idea as how to to fix this problem.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked thru Kubota Kommander specs and I didn't see a collection blower available. Many machines that rely on air flow from the deck to push the clippings/chopped leaves up into the bagging system do a poor job of it. I've never used mulching blades, but I think that their design creates less airflow than standard blades do which will further reduce the effectiveness of the collection system.
Picking up leaves even with a machine that has a collection blower takes some getting accustomed to. Dampness, leaf size, leaf type, grass height under the leaves, deck cutting height, blade sharpness, forward speed of the machine operator skill, operator technique and width of collection relative to the deck width are some of the factors involved in effective leaf collection. For the last 30 years or so most of my machines have had collection systems with either V belt driven or hydraulic driven collection blowers.
Check out the pics!
Mad Mackie in CT

Attachments

• Mad Mackie's machines 003.JPG
    Mad Mackie's machines 003.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Pictures from old hard drive 2010 379.jpg
    Pictures from old hard drive 2010 379.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Pictures from old hard drive 2010 380.jpg
    Pictures from old hard drive 2010 380.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Pictures from old hard drive 2010 381.jpg
    Pictures from old hard drive 2010 381.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Pictures from old hard drive 2010 382.jpg
    Pictures from old hard drive 2010 382.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 14

Deuce

Forum Newbie
Threads
My previous mower was a 46" White lawn tractor that did an excellent job of picking up the leaves with a catcher that did not have any type of power blower. It was just the stock grass catcher for that tractor. The Kubota with the same type of grass catcher, just works awful! It picks up grass ok, but now with the leaves, it is a totally different story. I have contacted Kubota Tractor directly and now waiting for the next game plan.

The Alchemist

Threads
I purchased a ZG127S with the bagger and I am having a bad time with it not picking up leaves very well. I am waiting for the dealer to come and install Gator Blades and some sort of attachment to the front of the mower deck as it now blows the leaves out the front of the deck. Well, the dealer put the Gator Blades and a rubber piece on the front of the mower deck and it still works awful! Trying to get some type of answer on what to try next. I don't believe that Kubota has any idea as how to to fix this problem.

I didn't realize that Gator Blades made blades for the Kommander series yet. I've got a 48" deck, I wonder if there are blades available for it yet.