"I love my Honda because..."

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The teams at the Honda R&D and the factory in North Carolina are putting together some materials and would LOVE to hear from happy Honda customers.

So, let's help 'em out. Please share your best Honda story, maybe a 100 words or less...post 'em here or send me a PM.

Thanks guys!

txzrider

Threads
I guess they dont want to hear about my 68' Honda CT90!!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess they dont want to hear about my 68' Honda CT90!!

Sweet:

ct90-ad-shes-loaded.jpg

But, for this project, Honda mowers and Honda mower engine stories...

Threads
I love my Honda because it can handle lawns other mowers can't. Whether the grass it wet from dew, wet from rain, or there is really tall grass, the GCV190 engine on my HRX217HYA can handle it! :thumbsup:

14468d1369010506-review-my-honda-hrx217hya-2-jpg

dfbrown

Threads
The teams at the Honda R&D and the factory in North Carolina are putting together some materials and would LOVE to hear from happy Honda customers.

So, let's help 'em out. Please share your best Honda story, maybe a 100 words or less...post 'em here or send me a PM.

Thanks guys!

WOW where do i even start. Well 1st off it is a honda so that speaks volume in itself. Quality, fit and finish, they use the K.I.S.S. method when making stuff but also very innovative at the same time (typical japanese mentality) almost never breaks and think outside the box with awsome features that nobody does. Quick examples. Generators, HA really everything else is just a toy compared to a honda generator so i wont even go there. Snow blowers, who the hell has a hybrid snow blower like that and who else does track on there snow blowers let alone they are powerful, heavy duty, easy to use and shoots snow 60 feet in the air. Trimmers, silk smooth power, fit and finish is awsome, uses a TRUE 4 stroke engine not these hybrid garbage that mixes oil and gas thats out there. Tillers and water pumps are good from what i have always heard plus honda gx motors are bulletproof. Lawnmowers/tractors, Who the hell in the 1990s makes a steroids mower like a rt5000 with all wheel steering and drive w/honda engine thats built like a house. There walk behinds from the 1990s are built more heavy duty then most of the crap now of days and that was 20 years ago. 21 in mower, Wont even go there its not even a race, like bringing a machine gun to a fist fight. hr214s were so ahead of there time and 215s to now the hrc216. Who does a driveshaft, hydro trans, steel deck that got guards on it , nexite wheels with bearings, commercial engine with ball bearings on crank and they make 3 different size pistons for boring cylinder for years to come and they have the easiest bagging system around. HRX Nexite deck is the best mulcher ever, easy to clean, clip director is just awsome innovation and no need to buy a chute, mowers have a car style blade brake clutch. They have the best cables i have ever seen on a machine they are motorcycle quality cables, very high end. Mowers that have handlebar supports that give you no flex at all, very solid. :thumbsup: I mean who does that kinda stuff besides honda, NOBODY Sure you pay a little more for the name but really the name speak for themselves. When you go to buy a honda car they dont need to discount them because if you dont buy it, it will be gone by the weekend anyways. It sells itself. Love honda stuff and will continue to buy more of it. Thank you!

dfbrown

Threads
WOW where do i even start. Well 1st off it is a honda so that speaks volume in itself. Quality, fit and finish, they use the K.I.S.S. method when making stuff but also very innovative at the same time (typical japanese mentality) almost never breaks and think outside the box with awsome features that nobody does. Quick examples. Generators, HA really everything else is just a toy compared to a honda generator so i wont even go there. Snow blowers, who the hell has a hybrid snow blower like that and who else does track on there snow blowers let alone they are powerful, heavy duty, easy to use and shoots snow 60 feet in the air. Trimmers, silk smooth power, fit and finish is awsome, uses a TRUE 4 stroke engine not these hybrid garbage that mixes oil and gas thats out there. Tillers and water pumps are good from what i have always heard plus honda gx motors are bulletproof. Lawnmowers/tractors, Who the hell in the 1990s makes a steroids mower like a rt5000 with all wheel steering and drive w/honda engine thats built like a house. There walk behinds from the 1990s are built more heavy duty then most of the crap now of days and that was 20 years ago. 21 in mower, Wont even go there its not even a race, like bringing a machine gun to a fist fight. hr214s were so ahead of there time and 215s to now the hrc216. Who does a driveshaft, hydro trans, steel deck that got guards on it , nexite wheels with bearings, commercial engine with ball bearings on crank and they make 3 different size pistons for boring cylinder for years to come and they have the easiest bagging system around. HRX Nexite deck is the best mulcher ever, easy to clean, clip director is just awsome innovation and no need to buy a chute, mowers have a car style blade brake clutch. They have the best cables i have ever seen on a machine they are motorcycle quality cables, very high end. Mowers that have handlebar supports that give you no flex at all, very solid. :thumbsup: I mean who does that kinda stuff besides honda, NOBODY Sure you pay a little more for the name but really the name speak for themselves. When you go to buy a honda car they dont need to discount them because if you dont buy it, it will be gone by the weekend anyways. It sells itself. Love honda stuff and will continue to buy more of it. Thank you!

On a more serious Note: Try to make along story short. When I bought my 1st honda lawn mower I always wanted one as a kid because they were real high end and did not see many because they were expensive which made it cool. So one day I walk into a honda dealer and I see this machine that looked like it was ready for battle or something. It was a honda hrc216hxa. I always heard hondas were high end but when i was looking into this mower I was like WOW. I mean it had steel deck, guards all over the place, gxv commercial engine, 9" alloy wheels with rubber tires, handlebar mounts, dual blades for fine cut, hydrostatic transmission, driveshaft instead of a belt and they purr like a kitten and have a lot of torque even in high grass. I said to myself what the hell is that thing, it is serious. So I bought it and my neighbors see it and it says honda commercial on the bag and know that machine is way serious. I get asked all the time what the hell is that thing. Now I own 4 of them all in perfect shape and 1 has never seen grass. The funny part about it is the mowers havent changed that much in over 20 years which really puts other stuff to shame and there is no weak spot really on it. If honda said to me, where could we imporove it I would have to really think for a long time what to improve on it. I mean, carbon fiber, titanium bolts 1 gallon tank I don't know. I Love Honda Stuff!

btlew81

Forum Newbie
Threads
I love my Honda because...It was the first mower I ever used...20 years ago. Dad bought it new, handed it down to grandpa, and now it's back with me. It has some war wounds, but it fires easily, cuts wonderfully, and is a pleasure to use. HRM215SXA. Still remember Dad teaching me to mow with it. I look at it much differently now, as I see it as a 20 year old machine that will run another 20 if treated right. As much as I want a fancy new Honda, this one has a lot of sentimental value. I love it because of it's history. I love it because it was the day my dad made me feel like I was all grown up. I love it because every time I use it the sounds remind me of my younger days. I'm doing a little restoration on it as I go and hope to keep it a long time.

I love my Honda because it means a lot to me. I learned to mow on it and now it mows the lawn of my first house. The best part is after I did some work on it, Dad came over and said, "Looks great...glad you could get some more life out of it."

I love my Honda because it was my Dad's...and now I have the honor of owning it.

Drewdle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I love my Honda because it just ate a small field of two foot tall grass, happy as a clam. It's built well and it's reliable, which enables me in turn to be reliable. Nothing more embarrassing than calling a client and telling them you've had to bump their appointment due to a machine failure/malfunction. It sips fuel, doesn't smoke, and runs like a Swiss watch. I can do required maintenance in under 10 minutes due to the convenient design (drain oil out the tube, clean the deck, pop on a new air filter, check the spark plug, and have the new oil in it).

In other words, I love my Honda because, first and foremost, it is the best tool for the job.

WhyZed

Threads
When most of my dirtbike riding friends sold their 250 2 strokes and bought brand new Honda 450 4 strokes they couldn't afford to ride anymore because their motors kept blowing up. The good news is that there was much more room on the race tracks, the bad news is that the 4 strokes are so loud, most of the race tracks are now closed do to noise complaints!! Thanks Honda!!!:thumbdown:

dfbrown

Threads
When most of my dirtbike riding friends sold their 250 2 strokes and bought brand new Honda 450 4 strokes they couldn't afford to ride anymore because their motors kept blowing up. The good news is that there was much more room on the race tracks, the bad news is that the 4 strokes are so loud, most of the race tracks are now closed do to noise complaints!! Thanks Honda!!!:thumbdown:
Do Not blame honda for that problem besides, Yamaha started that whole 4 stroke thing anyways. It wasn't because of emmissions either. It was all sales and dont think anything different. The motorcycle industry is a diseaster and isnt getting any better anytime remotely close. Bikes are way too expensive anymore. P.S. If you take care (maintenance) on the 4 strokes they do last (especially 450s).