Walmart to Carry New Snapper Mowers with Briggs & Stratton Engines

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Walmart to Carry New Snapper Mowers with Briggs & Stratton Engines
Here's an article that mite be of interest to snapper owns if they already don't know.

Walmart to Carry New Snapper Mowers with Briggs & Stratton Engines

MILWAUKEE, Wis., January 17, 2013 Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) announced today that three Snapper branded walk mower models will be sold at Walmart beginning this month. Manufactured in cooperation with one of Briggs & Stratton痴 trusted engine customers, these new Snapper mowers tout a top-performing cutting deck and other key features that will satisfy the mowing needs of Walmart痴 customers.

展e are pleased to announce this highly competitive offering of Snapper walk mowers at Walmart, said Jeff Coad, vice president of marketing, Briggs & Stratton Products Group. 典his lineup will fit any budget and we are thrilled that it will be introduced on such a national stage.?/p> 典hese new Snapper mowers will join the Murray branded walk mower lineup successfully introduced last year at Walmart, as well as a new Murray branded handheld line for 2013, to create a strong, cohesive lineup of power equipment brands for the Walmart customer, Coad says.
Additionally, all walk and ride mowers sold at Walmart feature powerful, highly efficient Briggs & Stratton engines that, along with the mowers themselves, are assembled in the United States.
A key element of the program is a nationwide integrated dealer-service network capable of selling and servicing this line of Snapper products. Embracing this philosophy, Snapper dealers will also sell these walk mower models and offer service for Walmart-purchased walk mowers.
The standard features that come on the Snapper SP70, SP80 and SP90 walk mower models include:

• Powerful, trusted Briggs & Stratton engines with ReadyStart easy starting feature and Fresh Start fuel preserver cap
  • Self-propelled for easier mowing
  • 21″, 3-n-1 durable steel mower decks that bag, mulch and side discharge
  • Cushioned handle grips for comfort
  • Single- or dual-point height of cut for easier adjustment
  • Three-year residential warranty

themowerking20

Threads
Yea the decks on them mowers look just like the murray sitting next to it in the store too....wtf?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea the decks on them mowers look just like the murray sitting next to it in the store too....wtf?

The ones I saw was the cheap front wheel drive ones. I think this is a bad move by snapper.
What makes snapper the best is there decks I hope they don't change that.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

themowerking20

Threads
Man i swear snapper is using murray decks because the snapper bag fits the murrays walmart sells

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I will hold on to the ones I have. I hope the pro mowers stay the same as they are now.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

themowerking20

Threads
Yea me too

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
As a service center for two Walmart stores, and per my Briggs rep, Walmart will be selling three models of Snapper pushmowers, manufacturered by MTD, and serviced and warrantied through Snapper dealers nationwide.

Last year Walmart started selling Murray branded mowers, The Murray brand riders were made by MTD, some of the Murray pushmowers were made by MTD and some were made by Husqvarna. Now are you confused. How about somebody calling my shop saying I have a Murray pushmower, and I ask for a model number, and they don't know, or can't read it. So is it a Murray made Murray, A MTD made Murray, or a Husqvarna made Murray.

bwdbrn1

Threads
So is it a Murray made Murray, A MTD made Murray, or a Husqvarna made Murray.

Well that'll make your head spin.:confused2:

Does the Briggs and Stratton Snapper still make the Snapper mowers we all know?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IL, we do the same as we have done in the past. We try to help that customer the best we can and then listen to them when they say one of three things. You guys charge too much, I'm not going to have it repaired, but can you give me the part number if I change my mind. At that price, I'll just go buy another mower, most likely at the big box store. I thought you were a repair shop, why can't you find the right parts? You're all a bunch of crooks. Isn't it a great time to be in this business. I'll say it again, buy from a dealer.